Author Topic: Sponsor.  (Read 5103 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Sponsor.
« on: July 12, 2016, 10:00:31 AM »
Are we any closer to the announcement of the pending sponsor for the first team? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Backie9

• View Profile
Re: Sponsor.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 10:32:10 AM »
Still on-going Grissles, will be a press release as soon as we know anything further these things can sometimes take longer than expected.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 11:55:41 AM »
Let's hope it will be worth the wait.

Secret Squirrel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 10:49:07 PM »
I guess there arent many companies in the area who could afford the 20k shirt sponsor price tag??

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 07:20:19 AM »
As I understand it 20k don't buy you a lot these days.  I am sure there are plenty of Companies who can afford 20k plus, the question has to be do they want to, and will they get VFM ?

The Fenman

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 09:08:56 AM »
It can cost a grand for a full page advert in a local paper at times, more so for a back page as well as a full page on a Tuesday.  So with guaranteed exposure for 9 months of the year in three papers, plus any self-generated media as well as well the match day entertainment and hospitality i don't think £20k is a lot to ask..........

It's probably worth more in advertising speak, if the sponsor used the corporate side of the side to network and entertain clients and potential clients, the income generated for the sponsor will be a damn site more than £20k if played right.

One question though..... who said anything about £20k?  has that come from the club?  I had a two hr meeting with the Chairman and no costs were mentioned to me.  the advertising booklet going around says price on application....

Everything is negociable

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 09:18:13 AM »
It can cost a grand for a full page advert in a local paper at times, more so for a back page as well as a full page on a Tuesday.  So with guaranteed exposure for 9 months of the year in three papers, plus any self-generated media as well as well the match day entertainment and hospitality i don't think £20k is a lot to ask..........

It's probably worth more in advertising speak, if the sponsor used the corporate side of the side to network and entertain clients and potential clients, the income generated for the sponsor will be a damn site more than £20k if played right.

One question though..... who said anything about £20k?  has that come from the club?  I had a two hr meeting with the Chairman and no costs were mentioned to me.  the advertising booklet going around says price on application....

Everything is negociable

And negotiable. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

GrahamB

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 11:11:55 AM »
In these times of austerity, I wouldn't imagine that there are many "local" firms with 20k laying around in a drawer. I would think it is quite difficult convincing a sponsor at the moment unless they have gone national.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 11:26:26 AM »

Everything is negociable

He states that no costs were discussed during his meeting. Fair enough, but did the Chairman say "everything is negotiable". If not, is it really the place of a Trust Director to say such things?

If the Club are out there trying to get 50k for kit sponsorship (as are the rumours), would they really want people broadcasting the words "everything is negotiable"?

Somehow I doubt it!

If things are negotiable, that's for the Club to say!

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 11:55:11 AM »
In business, everything is negotiable-and a good businessman would certainly not rely on advice from anyone on this forum,!!!

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 01:30:15 PM »
In business, everything is negotiable-and a good businessman would certainly not rely on advice from anyone on this forum,!!!

Did nobody tell you? We're all managers on here!  :typing:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 03:40:06 PM »
The easiest thing to do is under sell something.  The new owner I would suspect is after top dollar for his product.  Rate card and what you end up with of course are somewhat different.

If you ask a Businessman Like Tazzy he would soon point you in the right direction Im sure. As he has also managed at a decent level in Non league terms why oh why is the Club not tapping into that wealth of knowledge.  Seems crazy not to use every weapon you can lay your hands on.  He and his band of men rescued the Reserve team without Tazzy, There must be a doubt if we would even have a Reserve team.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 03:58:53 PM »
The easiest thing to do is under sell something.  The new owner I would suspect is after top dollar for his product.  Rate card and what you end up with of course are somewhat different.

If you ask a Businessman Like Tazzy he would soon point you in the right direction Im sure. As he has also managed at a decent level in Non league terms why oh why is the Club not tapping into that wealth of knowledge.  Seems crazy not to use every weapon you can lay your hands on.  He and his band of men rescued the Reserve team without Tazzy, There must be a doubt if we would even have a Reserve team.

Conversely, if something is unrealistically over priced not only will you have a problem 'selling it' your credibility will also be called into question?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 04:26:40 PM »
To a point Rod, but if the  team is successful on the pitch and drawing in decent gates plus a good cup run, it all increases the exposure the shirt sponsor will get.   Cleeve has come in and Kings Lynn are no longer there to just make up the numbers as maybe have been the case in the last 3 seasons with the lack of budget available to push for Promotion.

The whole thing is starting on a high so why not ask for a few quid more. 

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 07:45:50 PM »

Everything is negociable

He states that no costs were discussed during his meeting. Fair enough, but did the Chairman say "everything is negotiable". If not, is it really the place of a Trust Director to say such things?

If the Club are out there trying to get 50k for kit sponsorship (as are the rumours), would they really want people broadcasting the words "everything is negotiable"?

Somehow I doubt it!

If things are negotiable, that's for the Club to say!

its nice to see a trust director having an opinion.  some come and go, without being noticed or doing or saying anything.