Author Topic: Barrett goes  (Read 1933 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Re: Barrett goes
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2024, 06:59:54 PM »
:clap: How we need to look at this situation is, the money saved over the weeks left of this season is the transfer fee we have received. Josh was obviously not in the managers plans, for what ever reason and would have just been around picking up a wage, so now he’s gone we are saving x amount of £s per week. Strange way of looking at it but it works for me. :oldman"

Usually with a transfer, you get a fee AND the savings from not having to pay the players wage.
I get what you’re saying and I would usually say the same, but he was on his bike at the end of the season any way, so we are saving and or banking his wages each week he’s not on the payroll.

John H

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2024, 07:24:14 PM »
As I said a few days ago, Josh ‘departed’ Bristol Rovers for unacceptable fitness / application reasons. It was only a matter of time before he left us for the same reasons.
I wish him well and sincerely hope he finds his way again. Before he came to Lynn, he admitted that he had fallen out of love with football. Good luck to him and Aldershot. I think if it’s Josh’s wages now paying Margetts, then maybe it wasn’t such a bad bit of business.

I bought a Betamax

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2024, 07:58:33 PM »
Barretts on the bench with Junior tonight v Bromley.
I guess it can also be down to what a Manager can get out of the players he has on his books.
When Barrett joined us he was unfit.He soon worked hard and became fit when Tommy arrived.
Regarding a transfer fee,maybe we should have let this 100k (not my figure) player go for a sensible figure at start of the season when other clubs were interested in him.
Maybe someone is up to his old tricks of trying to charge more for something than what its worth?Coke,burger,beer,entrance fee.Then lets talk nonsense such as another Club wanted him earlier but they also wanted us to pay half his wages.That way its someone elses fault.
You get the picture!
One was always having to go before one comes in so although that may be true its not really the point.
A fail whichever way we look at it.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2024, 10:27:05 PM »
Barrett came on tonight in a 1-1 with 2nd in the table Bromley.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal