Author Topic: More favours required on Saturday.  (Read 1877 times)

rod

• View Profile
Re: More favours required on Saturday.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2024, 04:59:48 PM »
Dilly - it is all about opinions and i don't completely disagree with your often stated views. if you have a squad of elite players they shouldn't require a great deal of coaching but at a lower level on a limited budget, surely it is more about getting the best out of the resource available, with man management to the fore. As a general rule of thumb, i do believe that over coaching has created an on field attitude of avoiding responsibility. Rose tinted glasses here perhaps but i can well recall when senior players would make on field decisions and were encouraged to do so, with managers only having significant input pre match and at half time. In fact Lynn once had a manager who always sat in the director's box, with a trainer and his trusty buket of water and sponge, pitch side... The good old days!!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: More favours required on Saturday.
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2024, 05:47:05 PM »
Successful Managers donít do two years Dilly.   Look at the longevity of the likes of Clough, Shankly, Greenwood,  Fergie, Wenger, Klopp, Pep.    At a lower level look at what Dario Gradi did at Crewe.

Do you honestly thing Man Cityís style of play is just off the cuff and no planning has gone into that ?   I seem to recall the first thing Peo did at Man City was to get rid of Joe Hart as he wasnít good enough with his feet.

So back at ya Dills I totally disagree with you. 
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what itís all about ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal