Author Topic: King's Lynn Town v Boston United tonight!  (Read 8475 times)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
King's Lynn Town v Boston United tonight!
« on: July 26, 2016, 11:01:51 AM »
Anyone going?   :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: King's Lynn Town v Boston United tonight!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 11:35:17 AM »
I might mosey on down,is it true that coffee has gone up to £2? Makes it more expensive than the beer,would you get a discount if you were part of the supporters group? Looks like flask sales will be going up.  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

GrahamB

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 11:49:53 AM »
We sell flasks and coffee @ less than £2! bean to cup too not instant!

GrahamB

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 11:58:47 AM »
Lets hope the price of pies haven't gone up as well if Gregg Smith has signed for Boston! Could be trouble!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 12:06:53 PM »
Lets hope the price of pies haven't gone up as well if Gregg Smith has signed for Boston! Could be trouble!

As the new owner has a posh hotel offering fine cuisine, and being a football match, will he be selling game pie? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

ikonandy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 12:13:27 PM »
£4 a pint at the boxing Saturday night,  but hopefully that was an increased price just for the boxing and not football :-)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 12:45:04 PM »
Coffee, 2 quid? No fanx.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 01:30:15 PM »
 Wondering if the new year Guvnor at the Napier will continue with his discount for trust members on match days? If so this makes trust membership at £10 a far more attractive proposition than £25 club membership, also last season the Fenman was offering money off certain drinks on a match day?  Wonder where I will have my pre match 🍻?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 01:34:57 PM »
Sponsorship, food, drink, admission................Not easy to get the pricing right - keeping the customer happy and maximising the return for the club but surely the aim?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 01:52:04 PM »
Was there a need to increase price of refreshments?  And apparently membership discount on drinks only applies to members drinks only, you cannot get a discount on a round.  :glum:

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 03:38:39 PM »
Was there a need to increase price of refreshments?  And apparently membership discount on drinks only applies to members drinks only, you cannot get a discount on a round.  :glum:

All very well trying to enforce that until someone buys a round in and there's a huge queue behind them at the bar!

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 03:44:33 PM »
isn't it about supporting your local football club and getting behind some of the things we are trying to do, rather than supporting a pub down the road ?
At least we now know the money will be going towards the team and club and improvements.
Just saying.
If you could buy a round with the membership card ? how would that work ? only one person in a gang of friends would join ? 

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 04:00:33 PM »
If you could buy a round with the membership card ? how would that work ? only one person in a gang of friends would join ?

I see your point Backie, but I work in a Social Club where we tried something similar and it was an absolute nightmare to control when one person would come to the bar buying in a round of say four drinks. Then holds up the queue while you work out who's entitled and who isn't.

I'm not against the membership scheme by any means, I'll be joining it myself in time for kick off and I'll be a regular at the ground so it will pay for itself over time. Only other (potential) gripe I can see is away fans moaning about prices if they see all the home fans showing cards for discount. Some of the fans on the Southern League Facebook group don't need an excuse to start moaning about something!

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 04:18:57 PM »
Time will tell if it' works or not, we are just trying a few things out, the card will also get you discount on some of the foods when the season starts, I know Stephen and his chefs are just trialling a few things and prices etc
All I want is everyone to be happy and come back to the walks :-)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 05:32:18 PM »
I wonder if Gregg(s) Smith will be there. :)