Author Topic: King's Lynn Town v Boston United tonight!  (Read 8471 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: King's Lynn Town v Boston United tonight!
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 06:37:24 PM »
Was there a need to increase price of refreshments?  And apparently membership discount on drinks only applies to members drinks only, you cannot get a discount on a round.  :glum:
isn't it about supporting your local football club and getting behind some of the things we are trying to do, rather than supporting a pub down the road ?
At least we now know the money will be going towards the team and club and improvements.
Just saying.
If you could buy a round with the membership card ? how would that work ? only one person in a gang of friends would join ?

People support their local club by walking through the gate, everything else is value added, if I am on a limited budget and think I could get 4 pints in the pub for the price of 3 at the ground, or sausages and chips up the road a pound cheaper then what should I do? It is not always advantageous to think a higher mark up will make more profit, competing price wise is what would bring in money,i would much rather have a comfortable few pints at the ground, but not if it is cheaper on the way? It is all about economics not loyalties!!
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2016, 09:26:04 PM »
Following their 3-3 on Saturday Stamford  forum comment was that they should have won the game against a very poor Boston team.....Food for thought?

JJF182

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 09:38:55 PM »
Bad day at the office, started with overpriced drinks. £4 for a can of coke and a coffee?

Team lacked shape and any real quality. Stevoo provided moments of quality but other than that we looked poor. No final ball, no cutting edge at all. And at the other end of the pitch we had no pace and Sam looked out played all game by a very sharp looking Gregg Smith.

Quigley looks like a very poor replacement for bridges, can tackle yes - but can't pass the ball for love nor money.

Hopefully there will be some improvement before the start of the season....

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 09:49:42 PM »
Left at half time pathetic defence very poor goals, Lynn made Boston look good, cant give away silly goals like that. Feel really sorry for ardent KL fans.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 11:01:04 PM »
The Boston team was possibly the best side I have seen at the Walks there number 11 was very good,the number 10 should have been sent of he though several punches instead the Ref asked the Managers to sub both players that were involved an unbelievable decision , we just couldn't make the final past .We played better in the second half but we just weren't good enough on the night but we will not come across many teams as good as Boston

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 11:19:10 PM »
Very poor need good winger, midfield player quigs just not the answer plus another centre back.

Ben,G

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 08:12:31 AM »
Was a poor first half, better second half , Think the defence needs looking at. We may score plenty this season but I can see us conceding a few. We all know what Quigs is about,we missed that type of player last season. Boston looked good. Remember its only pre -season.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2016, 09:50:47 AM »
On the live thread the state of the pitch was mentioned - surely it is not going to be problematic even before the season starts?

In the brief time that Greg Smith was with us I thought he showed all to rare glimpses of his great potential....when fit and focused (!) he has the ability to dominate and bully defences, scoring and creating goals...Shame he did not do it for us!!

Keyr1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2016, 09:52:45 AM »
I didn't go last night and kind of glad too from reading above.

I said it after the Dereham game and then again after the 1-1 at home, Gaughran is not the answer at the back on his own. Miller was a far bigger player than I think even Setch realised and beofre that for all his faults so was Henry. sure he ran and did some odd things but he was a rock and 110% every game too.

We need some steel / pace there. A ball over the top and if either fullback ( which we have 2 of the best in the league with Yong // Fryatt, heck even Marshall is up there and played a blinder when fit last year @ RB ) is further up the field, bar heroics from Street we will concede.

I liked Smith when he was with us and from the sounds of it, with the support through a full pre-season and the backing of a 'game' backroom staff Boston will reap the benefits he will bring too.

Quigley in the games I have seen so far has bee a rock in the air and in the tackle, but he tries way too many long range passes and my son could count on 1 hand the amount that made it to a team mate in the 1-1 himself.

Still missing from opinion:

* Centre back like Old School Warren or Kern Miller from last year that will cover the stopper type player that Gaughran is and wants to play. He won't stand off of the opposition and look, he likes to push forward and get stuck in which is fine if you have a sweeping or covering centerback in the pairing

* A Player to replace the now gone Mcavaoy on one of the wings so our full backs don't have to bomb forward. ( I would even be happy to try the young lad Shipp that played vs. Dereham over there as he was very very good ), heck even Give Frohawk a go, everyone I spoke to last year said we should be.

* A potential foil to Quigs who can put his foot on the ball and slow the game down a bit to compliment the whippet in there that is Clunan.

Going forward we will be fine so long as we are taking the chances that we WILL create, but we need to be more sturdy in the middle and back. Have seen it for the last 2 seasons. It might jsut be that Marshall comes back and fits my point 3 down to a teee and we only need that Wide man and Centre back. But we need something in my opinion.

Was it all trouble / turmoil or was it just dog - turd first half material?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 11:38:32 AM »
As said before my preference is for Ryan (who brings some pace) alongside Matty C in the centre of defence - I really do believe that they could develop into a great partnership that could serve the club well for many years to come.........Sam G - as a holding mid fielder???? Simon Bird at right back.

I agree absolutely that we need more pace out wide and for me the jury is still out on Jazek's ability to consistently deliver in that role but I still wonder whether Jack Frohawk might develop into that player?

Mettam and Sands ability to develop a potent goalscoring partnership could be the key to a  successful season?....So many questions to be answered and so little time before the big kick off?

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 01:06:58 PM »
I think it's a case of a winger who can deliver a cross Jazek doesn't seem able to do that.

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »
Rip off to expensive, 8 quid to see a bench full of pub players
Those pubs players finished 5th in the Thurlow Nunn Division One Last year losing 2 games in 2016
Great to see you supporting young local talent
Harnell, Setchell, Mcquaid, Edge, Frohawk ????? Pub Players?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2016, 03:32:16 PM »
Rip off to expensive, 8 quid to see a bench full of pub players
Those pubs players finished 5th in the Thurlow Nunn Division One Last year losing 2 games in 2016
Great to see you supporting young local talent
Harnell, Setchell, Mcquaid, Edge, Frohawk ????? Pub Players?

If they all played for a pub team then I would become a regular!!

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2016, 07:42:08 PM »
Wondering if the new year Guvnor at the Napier will continue with his discount for trust members on match days? If so this makes trust membership at £10 a far more attractive proposition than £25 club membership, also last season the Fenman was offering money off certain drinks on a match day?  Wonder where I will have my pre match 🍻?

are you still a trust member grissles. have heard a whisper that membership is going up to £30 including perks. or still £10 with no perks.   :cheers: :cheers:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2016, 08:35:44 PM »
Wondering if the new year Guvnor at the Napier will continue with his discount for trust members on match days? If so this makes trust membership at £10 a far more attractive proposition than £25 club membership, also last season the Fenman was offering money off certain drinks on a match day?  Wonder where I will have my pre match 🍻?

are you still a trust member grissles. have heard a whisper that membership is going up to £30 including perks. or still £10 with no perks.   :cheers: :cheers:

No,my membership lapsed when I resigned as a trust director.
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”