Author Topic: Mick Wright  (Read 3637 times)

Backie9

• View Profile
Mick Wright
« on: July 29, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »
I am so so pleased to announce that the Chairman has agreed to let us name the hospital end "The Mick Wright End"
He didn't even think twice about it and agreed straight away  :scarf: 
We will have a sign made up and hopefully get Mick to unveil it
After the disappointment of the freedom of honour by the council this is great news for someone is absolute legend and deserves so much more. 

Backie

Badger

• View Profile
Re: Mick Wright
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 01:35:30 PM »
Brilliant news.  Thanks.

Regards- Badger.  :oldman"

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 01:44:10 PM »
Now perhaps some serious consideration can be made into making it a covered terrace,something worthy of naming? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 02:28:37 PM »
Fantastic, a real club legend.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 03:28:23 PM »
Now perhaps some serious consideration can be made into making it a covered terrace,something worthy of naming? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I understood that the covers were made a few years back,but have no recall as to who made them or where they are now.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 03:37:40 PM »
Several years ago those in charge of the club didn't deem it viable when we were averaging gates of around 1,000. Whilst it would be nice both for the fans (protection from the elements but also easy to generate noise under a low roof) and would doubtlessly improve the ground cosmetically, I can't see it happening any time soon.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 04:05:29 PM »
I understood that the covers were made a few years back,but have no recall as to who made them or where they are now.
I thought it was former Lynn director, the late Dave Manning, who provided the  framework.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 04:32:54 PM »
Wonderful news, congratulations to all concerned. A fitting tribute to a linnets legend. :cheers:

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 04:52:31 PM »
Good news and even better if eventually it could be covered.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 05:24:43 PM »
Excellent piece of PR, and fully deserved, overdue recognition for the man. Hopefully the club can get a piece of positive news in the EDP

Watford mick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 07:48:56 PM »
Agree with mallard
Well overdue and totally deserved.
My very first game at lynn was around 1976 against Worcester City
3 players stood out for me in that game and I think all 3 are legends in my mind
Keith rudd and Freddie Easthall being 2 of them and of course mick Wright was the other
 :scarf:

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 08:22:45 PM »
I loved that era , Malcolm Lindsay, Freddie Easthall, Gary Steele, David Brooke's, Dom MacCullum etc
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 07:35:20 AM »
Decent goal scoring strikers around that time. Lindsay, Reynolds, Moden, Coupe and a few years on Chapman. Wasn't he in the Police force ? Makes me wonder how he got Saturday's off and midweek time for games and training

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 12:05:58 PM »
Excellent piece of PR, and fully deserved, overdue recognition for the man. Hopefully the club can get a piece of positive news in the EDP

And in the National papers!!
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 02:35:33 PM »
Personally I would have preferred the North stand to have been the Mick Wright Stand, it can think of other clubs that have stands named after people - but an end? . Perhaps they are holding back on the North Stand in the hope of finding a sponsor for it.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”