Author Topic: King's Lynn v Merthyr on Saturday  (Read 11886 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
King's Lynn v Merthyr on Saturday
« on: August 01, 2016, 07:45:33 PM »
First game of the new season and hopefully a good start. My Team:4-3-1-2

Street

Ryan Fryatt, Matty Castellan, Sam G, Jason Yong

Dan Quiggs, Michael Clunan, Jacek Zielonka

Lee Stevenson

Leon Mettam, John Sands

Subs: Dylan Edge, Toby Hilliard, Jack Frohawk, Alex Clunan, Pearson
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: King's Lynn v Merthyr on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 07:48:30 PM »
Think Liam Fryatt might figure in the 16 Mike, with Gary Mills in with a shout. Keeps costs down and adds an old head on the bench

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 10:48:17 PM »
Toby  would make my first 11 instead of The Z

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 09:05:38 AM »
Yeah I think many would see it the same way.  Hilliard should start ahead of Zielonka.  Toby does what it says on the tin, not sure the same could be said for the other fellow.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 10:48:04 AM »
So you're a representative of the "many" Mallard? I don't think that you should assume that you and the consensus of  opinion on these issues are one and the same. You think Hilliard is more effective than Zielonka. Fair enough that's your opinion; it isn't necessarily what the majority of supporters think.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 11:33:23 AM »
If we play two strikers (if both Sands/Metts are fit); it should naturally change our attacking shape from what we saw last season. I've always believed Jacek is more effective out wide on the left, and I think he will be better utilised in that position this season.

A largely agree with westlynnmike's formation below (although I don't know who Jason Yong is). Jacek/Hilliard are interchangeable - but I think JZ will get the nod as Hilliard/Edge together will always provide impact off the bench if needed.
I also think Liam Fryatt will be on the bench ahead of Frohawk. For me the jury is still out on Frohawk as a first team regular, as an attacking option I can't see him being better than fifth choice behind Sands, Metts, Toby and Dylan.

Still worried about our lack of defensive options as we progress into the season.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 11:36:34 AM »
If you read again Stan, you will see I used the work 'THINK'  all about opinions.  In The same way what you Think of Sam G. Many may Think that Zielonka should start ahead of Hilliard, many may think not.   Lets see who is right come Saturday when the only person's opinion that counts is Setch.  You may Think Zielonka  I think Hilliard ?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 12:12:17 PM »
Mallard:I'm 50:50 re:Hilliard and Zielonka but that  isn't relevant to my point.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 12:31:11 PM »
No worries Stan, You just in enjoy the game Saturday, and look forward to a Lynn Victory.  Did you see the answer to you post on the other thread.  I don't mind if you wish not to reply.

Always good to see new posters on here, no matter where they come from.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 01:41:52 PM »
I think that might well be the team to start, Mallard, with the possible exception of Hilliard for Jazek...That would be my pick but then again I would have Ryan in central defence alongside Matty!

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 03:05:30 PM »
Metts was rested Saturday as a precaution by Physio Phil Ward, Metts has been to every pre season training session and will be rearing to go against Merthyr on Saturday, he desperately wanted to play against Lowestoft. Young Dylan has missed half of pre season because of a thigh injury but is getting back to full fitness and Saturdays start and the Fakenham game would have only helped him with his fitness.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 03:09:24 PM »
I see a couple of ex Linnets in Keegan and Duarte have joined Swaffham  Backie, were either of interest to yourself ?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 04:20:28 PM »
Swaffham seem to be very much a club of choice for ex Linnets and if they have any more like Matty C that would be good!

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 08:57:58 PM »
Swaffham seem to be very much a club of choice for ex Linnets and if they have any more like Matty C that would be good!
I got Luis Duarte a club last season with Swaffham as he wasn't getting enough game time with us.
Keegs is a great lad and player but not something we are looking for at present, wish them all the best at Swaffham though

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 09:47:34 AM »
Don't know what we would do without you Backie'.............................!!