Author Topic: King's Lynn v Merthyr on Saturday  (Read 11891 times)

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: King's Lynn v Merthyr on Saturday
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 08:11:03 PM »
The grapevine is right Clare as left the club

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 08:14:58 PM »
Yes Claire has left....... we now have a new events lady, who is going to arrange more events at the football club and also more uses of the linnets lounge. Her name is Louise and started this week.

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 10:23:15 PM »
where is our General Manager at one time you could not keep him off either this forum the press or the radio now a silence. He has two coaches with the team surely he has a little time to share his pearls of wisdom with us poor supporters.

I don't know if the Club still has a General Manager:

Club Chairman: Stephen Cleeve
Venue & Events Manager: Clare Clifford
First Team Manager: Gary Setchell
Reserve Team Manager: Robbie Back
Club Secretary: Norman Caesar
Health & Safety Office: Nathan Hollands
Press Officer: Mark Hearle
Team Photographer: Tim Smith

Team Videographer: Paul Hampson

Webmaster: Robbie Back
Setch no longer general manager and not full time although does assist the chairman two days a week At the football club

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2016, 11:57:38 AM »
Wow! So Setch' is no longer GM is now part time but still 'assisting the chairman two days a week???'

After the change in ownership there was so much hyperbole and a great deal of interaction witth supporters via the forum, local media etc etc. Now.................were it not for Backie', i for one would not have a clue as to what is happeing within the club......that I have been supporting for nearly 60 years!

Is that progress? If so I am missing something!

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2016, 03:23:36 PM »
I don't call this progress Rod, I call this very worrying

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 03:37:46 PM »
Due to the silence I would guess Setch is less than happy do any of his social friends have any idea what is going on as Setch wont or cant tell us.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 03:42:15 PM »
I don't quite understand the issue here.   Buster gave Setch the GM job at The Walks, as he didn't have the time and/or the interest to run the thing.   Cleeve has come in and appears to want to be more hands on.  Therefore there is no need for Setch to be there all the time.  I guess by having Setch there a couple of times a week it is some kind of compromise. 

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 03:58:11 PM »
I am not suggesting that 'the issue' is the demise of the GM role with the owner taking a much more hands on approach than his predecessor.......My issue is that we have gone from lots of good, exciting info' emanating from Mr Cleeve and Setch' at the outset, to virtually nothing....So why is that? A not unreasonable question?

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 04:03:49 PM »
Backie, if Setch is only assisting on a part time basis is he or who is taking the training of the first team squad. Do we assume that Mr Cleeve is in control of players who come in and who leave. In my opinion the complete silence on anything from Gary says it all. As I said in my reply to Rods post to me this is worrying. If you could ease my fears I would be very grateful

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 04:15:15 PM »
First of I was all for giving Cleeve a chance when he came in.  We hear about all the work he is doing behind the scenes. However what I  gather is that Setch is working on the same budget as last season which gained us a mid table position.  I thought when Cleeve came in with all these great ideas of where he was going to take the Club,  and this season's aim was play-offs then he was going to put down a real marker. Were we not told he had all these contacts that were going to bring funds into the Club ?

No budget increase, No first team Sponsor, Reserve team needing help on match days, First Squad smaller than last seasons mid table assortment. A player leaving 2 weeks back ( McAvoy) and not replaced, lack of budget or lack of available player ?  On Saturday we play our first home game under the Cleeve banner, Fixture board not updated, nothing in the press, by Thursday. People of Lynn could be forgiven for not knowing there was even a game come this Saturday.

Please forgive me for feeling somewhat underwhelmed by the all of this  and I am sorry if I have missed anything, But I am beginning to wonder what type of Character we now have has an owner. Does this guy have a Scobby what he is doing.

I think the lack of a full Time GM is the least of the worries we may have.

Thoughts ??

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2016, 04:47:52 PM »
Just thankful for all the hard work Backie is doing, otherwise we would hear absolutely nothing, with just 2 day until the season starts!  :banghead; :watching: :banghead; :watching:

Tina Gamble

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2016, 05:39:46 PM »
Interesting and worrying , I have a feeling that Setch will be on his way if things don't get off to a good start. But I can't help remembering what the Wrexham fans are thinking!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2016, 05:58:11 PM »
gary setchell ‏@garysetchell  Aug 3
Already started to get the buzz for Saturday #cantwait

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2016, 06:03:35 PM »
Good post Mallard. Trouble is I am now wondering if I should put anything extra in my rum and coke, as the nerves have started to jangle already for Saturday. :banghead;

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2016, 06:46:33 PM »
gary setchell ‏@garysetchell  Aug 3
Already started to get the buzz for Saturday #cantwait

Great that Setch is 'starting to get the buzz' - wish I felt the same!!