Author Topic: Interesting where we could be.  (Read 3869 times)

robbo84

• View Profile
Re: Interesting where we could be.
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 04:48:15 PM »
Kern left before Mettam was signed but following Stamford he doesn't seem to be doing very well at level four.

After the Weymouth game in early April, Kern told me himself he was unlikely to be staying on as he was aware of other interest in him as well as his travelling issues for games and training. Although it's anyone's guess whether Mettam was on the radar at that point.

As for the games. I'll always try and be honest about performances. Simply saying "we were s***" because we lost doesn't help anybody.

I've always backed Setch and got behind the team. Must admit this sponsorship thing is really frustrating me. Surely some of the rumoured figure is intended for team building, and that means Setch is effectively managing the squad with one hand tied behind his back at the moment?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 04:52:50 PM »
I have been sceptical about the impact of Mettam since pre-season Paul. What do think about Lynn signing him.

I was happy when we signed him, still happy we've got him and he'll still end the season as the clubs first team leading scorer (if he's not long term injured at any point)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 04:57:34 PM »
I admire your confidence Paul. I hope he turns out to be the star that some believe him to be.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 04:58:40 PM »
You can say that again Paul. I do not promote Mr Cleeve in any way. I thought Buster kept the club on an even keel financially and after the previous crowd that was very welcome, however I was glad he went in the end. With his speedway and family difficulties etc he was not giving any time to the club. I believe last season many on here were happy to see Setch as GM and that was Busters decision.
Setch tells me that Mr Cleeve is working very hard on behalf of the club, I wouldn't have a clue.
Again Mallard you are making statements about the reserve players of which you know nothing. IMO the only other players, besides those on the bench, who are capable of playing for the 1st team are Simon Bird and he was not available, and a long shot is young Harnwell who I know Setch has is eye on but he is 16/17 and injured. What little of Mettam I have seen I think he needs a big man beside him rather than being the target, hopefully Setch will find one. As much as I admire Dylan and think he could be a top player it would not be fair to make him the clubs main striker now, it could be very detrimental to his future.
No PR tosh at all Mallard and whatever I say is how I see it and not some statement I know nothing about, unlike yourself.

Keyr1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 06:41:13 PM »
These petty nick-picking statements thrown about by all parties are stupid and helping no one. It's childs play, now stop it.

As for the team at present, we are better off than last year by a point in the table and with Marshall estimated to be 10 weeks away from Fitness that will be a new signing in itself.

I have championed until I am blue in the face that we are shallow in our depth and need more in ( I even said that Sands and Mettam was a disaster after the first game of pre-season as there was no way to play both together without the service. ) Setch has ended pre-season with a top heavy side and one that is not going to keep clean sheets that often as we have neither the quality nor depth to cope with the 3 games a week from now until January. We are in desperate need of a centre back / defensive cover / a clear out and out Right back and some width. WE could still hit the playoffs , as is Cleeve's aim but he needs to pull his finger out fast!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 06:59:01 PM »
Can't argue against any of that!