Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 14290 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: FA Cup
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2016, 02:06:17 PM »
I thought that under new ownership we were ushering in a new pro active era? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2016, 03:40:01 PM »
Does not the fact that 24 hours or so ahead of non league day it is being highlighted on this forum with some great ideas also being tabled speak volumes?...Surely the initiative should have come from the club? Perhaps this is just one example of why there is still some general discontent around about how the club is progressing from those heady early days when Mr Cleeve first appeared on the scene?
We thought of doing something a while back, and brought up many of the ideas on here, unfortunately its a FA Cup game and not a very good day to have it on, we have to get permission from Brigg on ticket sales etc and there are other costs to consider etc
Hopefully fans who watch Prem and Championship clubs will just come to the game and without being forced into it by a offer.
I don't agree that we should let Norwich City Season ticket holders in either for free, its not fair on our fans who have bought season tickets.
Backie

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2016, 03:42:31 PM »
I have a season ticket, and suggested it!  :)

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2016, 04:03:43 PM »

I have a season ticket and would be against Norwich (or any league club) season ticket holders being let in for free.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2016, 04:07:48 PM »

I have a season ticket and would be against Norwich (or any league club) season ticket holders being let in for free.

Why, for a one off game?
as I said, they may bring others with them, and spend money inside the ground.
And when they see how much better Lynn are to watch than Norwich, they may well come back! :)

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2016, 04:57:40 PM »
Without having a proper structure at the Club there is no one to take these ideas on and make them happy.  Backie seems to be doing everything at the Club and Cleeve is always banging on about how busy he is behind the scenes is it any wonder nothing is being done

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2016, 06:25:54 PM »
Perhaps a zoo could be incorporated within the club - it would undoubtedly be a major attraction to families and would offer a premium pricing opportunity?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2016, 06:34:20 PM »
Perhaps a zoo could be incorporated within the club - it would undoubtedly be a major attraction to families and would offer a premium pricing opportunity?

Penguin
https://goo.gl/images/vbJgYJ
 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :sinking: :sinking: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2016, 06:58:36 PM »
There are many reasons to watch Lynn rather than Norwich. Here are some:
1. The admission is cheaper
2. Tea is £1.50 rather than the £2.00 at Carrow Road
3. The chance to see local players, all of whom seem proud to wear the shirt. Unlucky with two of the summer signings who couldn't be bothered to keep themselves fit over the Summer.
4  Not so long to queue at the loos
5. Room to breathe as more space in the stand
6. Able to move around the ground
I am a Norwich season ticket holder would'nt want any special offers at Lynn; a boarded up ground and no local football is still in the memory. Glad to have a local team at step 3 to support.

Zebra1864

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2016, 07:02:10 PM »
Brigg fan here, hoping for a good game, I fancy us to put up more of a fight than your expecting!
How close is the ground to the town, any good pubs and  chippies nearby?
Hopefully you'll get plenty through the gate, more money for us haha

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2016, 07:53:52 PM »
Talk to people at the game, have a drink with the dozen hardy souls who make the bar after the game, everything seems as flat as a witches title at the moment even the euphoria of win still seem people shuffle out of the ground. I would love to be able to put my finger on what is wrong, but if I could do that then I would own the club.

I have to drive home!
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2016, 07:56:34 PM »

Would Norwich let a King's Lynn Town season ticket holder in free?  :dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2016, 08:56:38 PM »
I think that as a show of affinity with Mr Cleeve's liking for the zoo,everybody should turn up with a cuddly toy animal to wave? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2016, 09:01:44 PM »
I think that as a show of affinity with Mr Cleeve's liking for the zoo,everybody should turn up with a cuddly toy animal to wave? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Can we bring our own cuddly toys, or do we have to buy them inside the ground?
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2016, 09:07:48 PM »
Can we bring our own cuddly toys, or do we have to buy them inside the ground?

I think as it is non-league day,and an fa cup tie you should be allowed to bring your own,if I was going to be there I was going to wear my elephant thong. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: