• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Brackley Town 1 King's Lynn 1
4th September 2007
Linnets' midfielder Joe Francis was knocked unconscious in the act of scoring an early goal when Lynn drew 1 - 1 with Brackley Town, but Brackley levelled on 71 minutes.
Elliott Sandy levelled for the Saints with a header after a quick throw-in. Lynn weathered a storm as Brackley sought the win, but captain Mark Warren stood firm as the side held on.
Assistant boss Lee Glover and Shaun Carey took charge while Keith Webb was scouting.
Glover said: "We started and passed very well in the first half, as well as we have done all season. We possibly could have gone in two up.
"When Joe was injured we had to reshuffle, in the second half Steve Melton got injured, then when Greg Lake got injured and had to play as centre-forward, we had no subs left.
"They're not the subs I'd have wanted to put on, they were forced upon us.
"I was disappointed in the second half we didn't pass the ball and were a bit too deep.
"I wanted them to play 20 yards higher up the pitch. If they'd have done that, we would have won the game.
"It's nice to see the fans travel down, it's appreciated by the lads. We remind them that people have paid good money to come down to see them, so hard work is not an optional extra. That should be the case as soon as the players go over that line."

Lynn lined up in a 4-5-1 formation, with Francis and Michael Frew on the flanks, Steve Melton, Adam Smith and Mark Camm in the middle, and Matt Nolan the lone striker.
Francis touched home Michael Frew's cross on three minutes but suffered an accidental clash with home goalkeeper Knight's knee.
He was stretchered off and recovered enough to watch the game later, although Francis said that he could not remember scoring. With Andrew Fisk coming on in the middle, Smith switched to the flanks.
Brackley replied with Tom Winters flashing past the post and Danny Spencer heading over the bar.
On 20 minutes Scott Howie dropped a swerving Winters free-kick, and Camm was needed to hack the ball away.
Charlie Defty gave the ball away, and Brackley penalty appeals were waved away following Greg Lake's challenge on Spencer.
Just before half-time Nolan held the ball up well and set up Fisk, whose effort was well-saved by Richard Knight.
Early in the second half Spencer again cleared the bar.
On the hour Nolan's header from a Smith corner was cleared off the line by Michael Love.
Lynn fell asleep at a quick throw-in on 71 minutes, and Sandy headed home.
Hadland hit the bar with a header for the hosts and Howie tipped over a swerving left-footer from Winters.
Brackley: Knight, Farley, Love, Hadland, Green, Brown, Sandy, Savage, Jackson, Spencer, Winters. Subs not used: Stanbridge, Beard, Fontanelli, Willshire. Booked: Sandy 60.
Lynn: Howie, West, Lake, Warren, C. Defty, Camm, Frew, Melton (Chapman 78), Nolan (J. Defty 65), Smith, Francis (Fisk 6).
Report by permission of the Lynn News