• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn 1 Burnham 2
11th October 2003
THE Linnets paid for not taking almost ten chances in the first half-hour, and then a lethargic second half display meant they lost their unbeaten league record.
Burnham conducted a smash-and-grab raid, giving the Linnets a lesson in shooting by converting their only two second half chances.
Despite a late reply by Carl Holmes, The Walks outfit slumped to their first home league defeat since Boxing Day 2002.
New player Matt Murphy almost scored within three minutes of his debut after being put through by David Staff, who had stolen the ball from Chris Ferdinand.
Chances galore flowed from Lynn, but they just could not find an early goal to settle them.
Holmes had a 20-yard effort turned around the post by keeper Julian Dale and another drive hit the post.
Staff (twice), a deflected Paul Raynor shot and Holmes all went close, while a great move on 32 minutes ended with Robbie Harris hooking over the bar.

The Blues' solitary chance was Damien Smith's cross-shot being tipped over by Steve Wilson.
The second half promised another home onslaught as Chris Glarvey's cross-shot from deep hit the top of the woodwork.
But the match degenerated as the early promise fizzled out into frustration, and Lynn's midfield stopped working.
Jack Defty came on to try and inject that missing ingredient on the hour, but two minutes beforehand the unmarked Steve Lockhart had given the visitors the lead when volleying in a cross.
The hosts were further behind on 66 minutes when Michael Bartley hammered home a knockdown, which went in off the post Burnham somehow denied Lynn from a goalmouth scramble before Holmes hit a Chris Bacon flick-on first time into the net with six minutes left. Lynn: Wilson, Glarvey, March, Burrows, Fuff ,Holmes, Staff, Raynor, Murphy, Harris (Bacon), Woodrow (Defty). Subs (unused) Ndekwe Harvey Nobes
Report by permission of the Lynn News