• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Buxton 6 King's Lynn 1
12th March 2014
Nine-man King's Lynn Town crashed to a heavy EvoStik Premier League defeat on Wednesday night after a first-half collapse at the Silverlands.
Goalkeeper Ashley Timms and midfielder Jake Jones both saw red cards inside the opening 45 minutes as the visitors suffered a fourth consecutive defeat.
Lynn boss Gary Setchell made two changes from Saturday with Hurst making an immediate debut after joining on loan from Cambridge United.
Bell was absent through illness and losing Jason Lee to injury on six minutes was just the start of an evening which went rapidly downhill.
The opening exchanges were void of any real chances, and the two key moments were injuries to players for both sides.
First Lee limped off with what looked like a hamstring strain. He was replaced by Shaun Stocker.
Then a few minutes later Buxton skipper Steve Istead was stretchered off with a nasty looking leg injury.
The game then settled down and chances finally arrived, with Buxton the architects.
The hosts had the ball in the back of the net on 25 minutes but Lee Morris was judged to have fouled Timms during his jump.
The turning point of the game then arrived moments later when Timms was shown a straight red after a coming-together with Morris inside the area.
With no sub goalkeeper on the bench, Dan Quigley donned the gloves but he was powerless to prevent Morris' penalty.
Less than a minute later Buxton were 2-0 up when Matt Thornhill pounced after Quigley spilled inside the area, before Liam Hardy headed home a third.
Lynn's nightmare half then became even worse when Jones saw two yellows inside a minute for a show of dissent.
And right on the brink of half-time Ash Palmer's bullet header made it 4-0 to complete a miserable first half for the visitors.
For the second half, Andrew Hall replaced Quigley between the sticks but it was only six minutes before he was beaten as Hardy grabbed his second.
King's Lynn's inefficiencies were then further exposed when Morris finished coolly to make it 6-0 and complete his brace.
As was to be expected, further chances arrived for the hosts but their profligacy was understandable seeing as the game was already done and dusted.
Six minutes from time substitute Sam Mulready bagged the scantest of consolations for Lynn on what was a hugely-forgettable night.

Buxton: Warrington, Ludlam, Green, Palmer (Hodder 53), Brooks, Davies, Thornhill, Istead (Stevens 14), Morris, Hardy, King (Lugsden 69). Subs not used: Niven, Ryan.
King's Lynn: Timms, Bore, Yong, Lee (Stocker 4), R. Clarke, Thomson, Hall, Quigley, McDonald (Mulready 67), Hurst (E. Clarke 72), Jones.
Sent-off: Timms, Jones.
Attendance: 151 Ref: M. Rawcliffe (Manchester).
Report by permission of the Lynn News