• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Fisher Athletic 2 King's Lynn 3
16th September
GOALS threatened to outnumber the spectators as Linnets picked up their first away win of the season after coming from behind twice.
Keeper Chuck Martini turned from villain to hero, having a hand in conceding the second goal but saving a late penalty to preserve the three points.
"I'm delighted with the three points, but we're not kidding ourselves. We didn't play well," said Mills.
"We know we're a lot better than that. Fisher, like Rothwell, is the sort of place where if you don't work hard, you'll get turned over. To go behind twice and come back and win is a magnificent feat.
"The penalty was a bit harsh. They were both tussling for the ball, and Craig Clark played the ball, but the referee wanted to give them something.
"I thought the way the number 11 played he would score, but Chuck saved it and what delighted me even more was Robbo cleared it."
In the 12th minute, the hosts went ahead directly from Lynn throwing the ball back to them following lengthy treatment given to Fisher's Leroy Huggins.
To add insult to injury, the same player latched on to a long ball which caught out the Lynn defence. Glen Fuff only managed a half-tackle, leaving Huggins to slot home past Martini into the far corner.
However, Linnets were soon on level terms. Mills was fouled, took the free-kick himself and forced a save from Munden but Dave Robinson converted the rebound.
The Fish were back in front within two minutes as Robinson's mistake let in Barr. His cheeky back-heel surprised Martini - who went down to the ball as if picking up a sweet wrapper - and it deflected off his ankle before trickling in the net.
The visitors again drew level after half-an-hour when Anton Thomas brilliantly counter attacked from a corner, picking the ball up own half and beating a defender down the left.
His strength and determination resulted in a cross which Emeka Nwadike, making up-a lot of ground, rose to head home.
There was little further incident until midway through the second half when Linnets grabbed the winner.
Sub Jamie March claimed the goal when his speculative centre was deflected, then headed into his own net by Karl Shuttlewood.
With just two minutes remaining, Martini could only block Bradley Gamble's effort and Lionel Best went down in the box under Craig Clark's challenge.
But Martini pulled off a superb low save from Barr's spot-kick and Robinson, for the second time that day, was crucially first to the ball to clear.
Lynn: C. Martini, S. Dakin, C. Clark, D. Robinson, G. Fuff, J. Palmer (J. March h-t), E. Nwadike, G. Mills (L. Gibson 89), A. Thomas, L. Rowland, T Wright (A. Bullimore 84).
Fisher: M. Munden, B. Taylor (D. Adams 82), P O'Neil (R. Robinson h-t), P Manning, K. Shuttlewood, M. Ball, B. Gamble, . Tydeman, P. Overton, L. Huggins (L. Best h-t), H. Barr. 
Att: 142.
Shots on
Shots off
Free kicks
Report by permission of the Lynn News