• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Bath City 1 King's Lynn 1
23rd September 2006
LYNN and Bath City, the pre-season title favourites for the British Gas Business Football League, shared the points on Saturday in an entertaining 1-1 draw at Twerton Park.
With other results going in Lynn's favour, Tommy Taylor's side remain top of the table.
Both sides missed a hatful of chances in a fast, end-to-end contest.
Linnets boss Taylor said: "Their goalkeeper has made two fantastic saves and we had had at least four good chances to have won the game.
"Bath delivered some great corners, but Shaun (Marshall) hasn't had a save to make.
"In terms of chances created we were by far the better team and I think Bath would say the same if they were honest."
Bath City assistant boss Ady Britton said: "The game went in phases very much. Early on they had a good couple of chances with a great save from Evans to keep it level.
"As the half wore on I thought we got on top of them. At 1-0 we were pleased but we felt we could have increased our lead by half-time.
"Then we went out for the second half, nothing much has happened for a couple of minutes and then for the next 20 minutes they've bossed it.

"It was only in the last quarter of an hour we came back into it and we had some very, very good chances to win it.
"But, in fairness, a draw was a fair result between two good sides."
The Linnets started strongly and home keeper Paul Evans was the early hero.
Evans pulled off a fantastic double save to foil Jack Defty.
He saved Defty's downward header with his feet before somehow reaching over to his right to pluck Defty's reflex shot out of the air.
During this spell City also hit the bar from a Chris Holland header, but midway through the half Jon Holloway made no mistake, heading home a Mark McKeever corner.
Lynn spurned several more openings before the interval and the second half followed a similar pattern.
Evans produced another excellent finger-tip save but with 22 minutes left he was finally beaten by a curling shot into the top corner from substitute Michael Frew, who minutes earlier had lobbed Evans, only to see his effort bounce wide of the target.
The introduction of Craig Davidge minutes later saw Bath finish the stronger.
Nat Pepperell headed his centre over and Holland hit the post with a stabbed shot, but in the end it would have been harsh on either side to have lost the game.
Bath City: Evans, Rollo, Jones, Holloway (Clarke 66), Holland, Rogers (Davidge 74), Green, Hogg, Pepperell (Pritchard 79), Partridge, McKeever. Sub not used: York.
Booked: Holloway 19 minutes, Rollo 47, Hogg 87.
Goal: Holloway 23.
Lynn: Marshall, West, Smith, Warren, Cooper, Camm, J. Defty (Frew 53), McMahon, Nolan, Notman (C. Defty 53), O'Halloran. Subs not used: Kennedy, Harvey.
Booked: Warren 29, Cooper 45, West 74, C. Defty 84.
Goal: Frew 69.
Referee: K. Johnson. Attendance: 633.

Report by permission of the Lynn News