• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn 1 Clevedon Town 0
26th February 2000
MARK Turner ended his four-month goal drought for King’s Lynn FC for Gary Mills’ walking wounded.
Turner, who registered Linnets’ only shot on target in the entire game against Clevedon, last scored on
October 30 against Crawley.
It wasn’t pretty stuff from the injury-stricken troops, but it was enough to win a forgettable encounter on a heavy pitch.
Mills said: “I’m delighted with the result. The last half a dozen games Mark has played very well and he deserved to get another goal.”

The Linnets are heading for their highest placing since returning to the Premier Division, yet the attendance was 599, the second lowest league gate of the season.
“The players have been phenomenal, I can’t ask any
more of them. Their attitude and commitment have
been unbelievable,” added Mills.

“We’re in a great position in the league, in the
semi-finals of the League Cup, we can’t do any more.
You’re going to have to ask the fans the question why they’re not coming any more.”

Lynn started promisingly with the impressive Emeka Nwadike unlucky not to get on the end of a Tony Spearing cross.
In the tenth minute, Lyndon Rowland earned a
free-kick fractionally outside the Clevedon box and Turner stepped up to fire into the top right-hand corner of the net for his seventh strike of the season. Turner was so relieved to score that he hugged the referee first!
Thereafter the game became scrappy until just before half-time when Rowland went on a mazy run, took a return centre from Mills but undid all his good work by slicing his volley wide. Turner ended the half by heading over a corner.
Linnets struggled in the second half because they kept giving away possession and they could not create a decent opportunity.
Early on, Clevedon’s Steve Peters rose at a corner to power a header wide, then midway through the period he missed a 20 yard effort.
The Seasiders’ only shot on target was Jim Rollo
turning in Andy Mainwaring’s cross close in at the
near post, but it went straight at Chuck Martini.
At the death, Glen Fuff blocked an attack and Danny Haines fired over.
Unfortunately, Simon Dakin was booked, which means he will be suspended for the Weymouth match in two week’s time.
Dakin actually had a game off when the club thought he was banned for the Margate trip last month.
This was because the FA have extended the second suspension threshold from eight to 10 games.
Lynn: Martini, Dakin, Spearing, Clark, Fuff, Nwadike, Turner, Gibson, Robinson, Rowland, Mills. Subs not used: Bush, Anderson, Daniels.
Hervin, Lester, Haines, Coupe, Peters, Harvey (Rawlins 85), Badman (Sims 62), Rudge, Milsom, Mainwaring, Rollo. Sub (not used) Jeffries.
Shots on
Shots off
Free kicks
Lynn123310 Dakin (79, foul)
Clevedon167415 Peters (68 foul)
Lynn News Man of the Match - Tony Spearing
Report by permission of the Lynn News