• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Sleaford Town 1 King's Lynn 3
26th October 2010
JOINT King's Lynn Town boss Kevin Boon hailed the performance of super sub Robbie Harris after the striker clinched victory with a late double at Sleaford on Tuesday night.
Harris had only been on the field six minutes before firing Town in front with a stunning Dimitar Berbatov-like overhead kick.
The substitute continued his knack of scoring vital late goals by sealing another crucial three points with his tenth effort of the season four minutes later. Boon said: "That's four goals in something like 57 minutes of football since Robbie has come on as a substitute.
"We all know he is a predator
in front of goal, but before he went on Gary (Setchell) and myself challenged him to show a bit more strength and character and he did exactly that.
"He worked very hard in the build-up to his goal and you are unlikely to see a better finish in this league all season."
Boon also praised the performance of fellow frontman Scott Cubberley, who has also found his first-team chances limited since the beginning of the season.
"Scott (Cubberley) probably hasn't had the fairest of chances, but he has also done very well in the last couple of games he has come on and at 21 is very much one for the future."

The game was very much in the balance until Harris' introduction late on.
Sleaford, who twice hit the post, took the lead from a route one move in the 25th minute when Jamie Shaw capitalised on a mix-up between Linnets goalkeeper Alex Street and defender Dan Buhlemann
Six minutes later Town levelled matters when Danny White played in Jamie Thurlbourne to rifle home an equaliser high into the roof of the net after the wideman had advanced into the corner of the six yard box.
Just as Town looked to be running out of ideas against a very hard-working youthful home outfit, Harris chased down a backpass to Sleaford goalkeeper Scott.
The ball ballooned into the air off the Sleaford shotstopper before Harris, with his back to goal, brilliantly fired home an overhead kick.
Harris' second came a few minutes later when Jamie Thurlbourne and Steve Spriggs com-
bined for the forward to stab into the net from all of six yards. There was a long stoppage when the home side's Poppell went down injured in the Sleaford area, before he was applauded off by the vast majority of the 302 crowd and replaced by Wilson.
Jamie Thurlbourne fired over and Cubberley was foiled by a sprawling Scott before the final whistle.
Sleaford: Scott, Lovett, Kirton, Neaverson, Weston, Fenton, Clancy, Popple (Wilson 87), Burrows, Shaw, Ellis (Thompson 81). Subs not used: Blackman, Sedlan, Richardson.
Lynn: Street, Bexfield, Alsop, L. Thurlbourne, McNeil, Buhlemann, Spriggs (Smith 83), White, Defty (Cubberley 83), Doherty (Harris 64), J. Thurlbourne. Sub- not used: Fryatt.
Attendance: 302.
Report by permission of the Lynn News