• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 6 Kettring Town 1
Saturday 1st October
Saturday 1st October
National North
King's Lynn Town 10 9 21
Banbury United 10 7 20
Darlington 10 7 20
AFC Fylde 10 4 20
Kidderminster H 10 7 18
Leamington 11 5 17
Scarborough Ath 10 2 17
Brackley Town 10 0 16
Curzon Ashton 10 4 15
Chorley 10 6 14
Alfreton Town 10 4 14
Peterborough Sp 10 2 14
Chester 10 1 13
Spennymoor Town 10 -1 13
Gloucester City 10 -2 13
Southport 10 -4 13
Hereford 10 0 12
Boston United 10 -2 12
Kettering Town 10 -5 9
Buxton 10 -5 9
Farsley Celtic 10 -6 9
Blyth Spartans 10 -10 7
AFC Telford Utd 11 -12 7
Bradford (PA) 10 -11 3

King's Lynn Town progressed to the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup with the match being decided in a twelve minute spell which saw the Linnets notch four goals.
There was no sign of the Poppies team that had ended Lynn's unbeaten run in the league on the previous Tuesday.
While Kettering were unable to field Brad Gascoigne they were otherwise unchanged from the midweek encounter.
After the match, however, manager Lee Glover explained that Ben Sault and Decarrey Sherriff both went into the game feeling unwell while goalkeeper Cameron Gregory and Rhys Sharpe were playing with knocks.
Regardless of this, Lynn had a job to do and were quickly on the attack.
Barrett saw an early shot turned behind for a corner and then he linked up with Jordan Ponticelli to give Gold Omotayo a chance which went high and wide.
Perhaps the result might have been different had Kettering not missed tow chances of their own. Sam Bennett was involved in both, his first stinging the fingertips of Paul Jones and the second, having got behind the Lynn defence, he failed to fully connect with a shot which was kept out by the legs of Jones.
There followed a twelve minute spell which decided the match. On 17 minutes Barrett split the Poppies defence with a fine pass leaving Ponticelli with just Gregory to beat with a low finish.
The lead was doubled four minutes later with Barrett, once again, influential. His ball finding Ben Stephens who provided Omotayo with a simple tap in to finish.
Two minutes later Theo Widdrington's corner found the head of Omotayo to make it 3-0.
Widdington then poured more misery on the Poppies when he provided the finish to a neat passing move to make it four on 28 minutes.
Lynn might have added another before the break but Stephens just couldn't get the final touch on Ponticelli’s cross goal ball.

The second half continued in much the same vein as the first with Gregory pulling of a great save to deny Ponticelli but it was a save too far for the Poppies keeper who was replaced by goalkeeping coach Harry Hogg making his debut.
Kettering did find the net out of nowhere on the hour mark when Sheriff scored the goal of the game from some 25 yards.
It was, however, only a consolation as Lynn continued to press. Hogg managed a good save to deny Omotayo and Ponticelli shot over but in the 74 minute Barrett stole the ball from George Cooper to run through an shoot past Hogg at the near post.
Sharpe was added to the Poppies list of injuries when he received a shot full in the face and had to be stretchered off.
Aaron Jones completed the scoring with two minutes remaining with a curling shot to make it six and a memorable birthday 51st birthday for manager Tommy Widdrington.

Lynn: P Jones, Scott (Jones 40), Crowther, Coulson, Widdrington (Callan-McFadden 76), Hargreaves, Clunan, Barrett, Omotayo (Charles 63), Ponticelli, Stephens. Subs: Walker, A Jones, Denton, Fleming, Callan-McFadden, Charles. Scorer: Ponticelli 17, Omotayo 21, 23, Widdrington 28, Barrett 74, A Jones 88
Kettering: Gregory (Hogg 50), Sault (Hill 28), White, Toseland, Stohrer, Ward, Sharpe (Graham 81), Cooper, Bennett, MacDonald, Sheriff. Subs: Hogg, Gascoigne, Hill, Wright, Empson. Scorer: Sheriff 60
Attendance: 828