• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Chester 3 King's Lynn Town 3
Saturday 3rd September
Saturday 3rd September
National North
King's Lynn Town 7 9 17
Banbury United 7 7 16
AFC Fylde 7 2 15
Scarborough Ath 7 4 14
Kidderminster H 7 4 13
Leamington 7 5 12
Darlington 7 2 11
Alfreton Town 7 4 10
Chorley 7 4 10
Peterborough Sp 7 3 10
Curzon Ashton 7 2 10
Spennymoor Town 7 -1 10
Brackley Town 7 -1 10
Gloucester City 7 -2 9
Chester 7 0 8
Hereford 7 -2 8
Buxton 7 -2 7
Blyth Spartans 7 -5 7
Southport 7 -7 7
Kettering Town 7 -2 6
AFC Telford Utd 7 -7 6
Farsley Celtic 7 -5 5
Bradford (PA) 7 -4 3
Boston United 7 -8 3

King’s Lynn Town managed to throw away a three goal lead at the Deva Stadium in a match of two halves. Having only conceded three goals in their first six games they doubled that tally in a second half which saw a remarkable fight-back from Chester.
Manager Tommy Widdrington gave Ben Stephens his first start with Tai Fleming dropping to the bench and were 2-0 up within four minutes.
A delayed start, while the issue of clashing ’keepers’ jerseys was remedied, was soon forgotten as Lynn were awarded what seemed a harsh penalty on three minutes following an Alex Kenton push on Jordan Ponticelli and Gold Omotayo converted from the spot.
The following minute saw Lynn double their lead with Theo Widdrington putting the ball into the Blues’ net from within the centre circle.
The injury and suspension hit Blues, however, did not collapse and Lynn were finding it difficult to get behind the home defence and further chances were at a premium with neither keeper seriously troubled.
Chester’s first shot on target came on 32 minutes when a ball from Kurt Willoughby found Darren Stephenson at the far post but Paul Jones made a comfortable save.
Michael Clunan saw his shot go wide on 40 minutes and three minutes later Lynn added to the score. Omotayo’s layoff saw Ponticelli first to get to the ball ahead of onrushing home keeper Harry Tyrer to dink the ball into the net.

Chester started the second half with determination and opened their account within two minutes. A neat move between Willoughby and Kole Hall provided Iwan Murray with the opportunity to score.
Lynn were finding it difficult to keep possession as Chester responded although it was not until the 70th minute that they won their first corner of the game.
Goal number two for the home side arrived on 78 minutes with a neat piece of magic from Daniel Devine who chested the ball down, spun on the spot and volleyed home.
The equaliser came on 86 minutes, substitute Ollie Heywood’s free kick found Hall at the back post who set up Willoughby to score from close range.
Lynn substitute Josh Barrett had a chance for Lynn which went just wide as Lynn had to settle for a point for only the second time this season.

Chester: Tyrer, Coulton, Burke, Kenyon, Stephenson (Coates h/t), Willoughby, Devine, Williams (Dudley 72), Murray (Heywood 83), Hall, Edwards. Subs: Morgan, Dudley, Roberts, Coates, Heywood. Booked: Devine. Scorers: Murray 47, Devine 78, Willoughby 86
Lynn: P.Jones, A.Jones, Denton, Crowther, Coulson, Widdrington, Hargreaves, Clunan, Stephens (Barrett 70), Omotayo, Ponticelli (Walker 78). Subs: Barrett, Walker, Fleming, Charles, Keller. Booked: Crowther. Scorers: Omotayo 3 (pen). Widdrington 4, Ponticelli 43
Attendance: 1,695