• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 1 Leiston 1
Saturday 5th January
Saturday 5th January
Evo-Stik Southern Prem
01 Stourbridge 26 56
02 Kettering Town 23 54
03 King's Lynn Town 23 39
04 Biggleswade Town 23 39
05 AFC Rushden & D'nds 24 38
06 Coalville Town 21 38
07 Needham Market 24 38

Thurlow Nunn Div One
13  Leiston Reserves 20 23
14  Cornard United 20 22
15  Wisbech St Mary 21 18
16  Diss Town 20 17
17  King's Lynn Res 21 17
18  Felixstowe Reserves 22 15
19  Needham Market Res 23 7

n an entertaining draw at The Walks against Leiston, Lynn dropped their eighteenth home point of the season compared to fifteen for the whole of last season.
To give credit to Leiston, they came with a game plan and weren't afraid to attack. But for some wayward shooting, in particular from Matt Blake, and some excellent goalkeeping from Marcus Garnham the score could easily have been 4-4.
Leiston made a number of changes from the team that defeated Lowestoft in their last outing with leading scorer Jake Reid playing in their reserve side while Lynn gave a debut to Joe Robinson.
The opening ten minutes saw chances at both ends with Kyle Hammond testing Alex Street in the Lynn goal and then Blake being presented with a good chance only for him to shoot straight at Street.
Lynn countered and Adam Marriott had Lynn's first real chance but shot just wide of the upright.
Leiston were having some success with the long ball and the speed of Blake but the home side began to get more of the possession and won a number of corners as the game approach the twenty minute mark
Lynn's best chance of the opening half came on 32 minutes when Craig Parker saw his effort hit the post and run along the line only to be cleared by Seb Dunbar.
At the other end Dunbar was again involved, his cross finding Blake who hit the underside of the bar the ball falling into the hands of a grateful Street.
Lynn had appeals for a penalty after Craig Parker had been grounded but the referee, who had many decisions questioned by the crowd during the game, resumed play with a drop ball.
Just before the break Parker again tested Graham but the half ended goalless.
The early stages of the second half saw further chances fall to the visitors with Blake scuffing an early shot and then Street producing a double save to deny Patrick Brothers and then Hammond.
The visitors took the lead on the hour mark with the ever dangerous Blake scoring from close range after Brother's had benefited from a slip by Robinson.
Blake had two further chances to put the result beyond doubt but the goal did seem to rally Lynn who came more into the game and Graham then stole the show for the visitors.
He produced a fine save to deny Marriott but even he couldn't prevent a Lynn equaliser which arrived in the 72nd minute. A corner from Ryan Hawkins was headed back across goal by Ran Fryatt for Marriott to tap home.
Leiston were reduced to ten men when George Keys picked up two yellow cards in a five minute spell.
The remaining 18 minutes of play saw Lynn on the attack and the visitors defence resolute with Hawkins putting in a couple of chances off target and Michael Gash hitting the bar while Garnham as on hand to deny Ryan Jarvis, Hawkins and, finally, an outstanding save to keep out Marriott.
Lynn: Street, Robinson (Jones 60), Blake-Tracy, Jarvis, Fryatt, McAuley, Clunan, Parker, Gash, Marriott, Hawkins. Subs: Henderson, Bastock, Castellan, Shipp Jones. Scorer: Marriott 72
Leiston: Garnham, Keys, Dunbar, Aitkens, Knights (Jefford 90+2), Bullard, Lawrence, Hammond, Finch (Davies 83), Blake (Cheetham 90), Brothers. Subs: Cheetham, Davies, Garrard, Jefford, Beckwith. Booked: Dunbar. Keys. Sent off: Keys. Scorer: Blake 60
Attendance: 704