• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 2 Altrincham 0
Monday 5th April
Monday 5th April
Vanarama National
16 Yeovil Town 31 39
17 Dagenham & Red 31 37
18 Wealdstone 31 33
19 Woking 29 31
20 Weymouth 31 30
21 King's Lynn 29 27
22 Barnet 29 13

Thurlow Nunn Div One
10  Diss Town 12 15
11  Framlingham Town 11 13
12  Needham Market Res 12 13
13  King's Lynn U21s 11 12
14  Cornard United 12 11
15  Sudbury Reserves 10 11
16  Debenham LC 10 10

Lynn recorded two successive wins for the first time this season - although they had achieved the feat in November only for Dover's record to be expunged!
For the visit of Altrincham, Lynn made four changes to the starting line-up that defeated Eastleigh with Kairo Mitchell, Alfie Payne, Elkan Baggott and Joe Gascoigne - making his league debut - coming in for Tai Fleming, Alex Kiwomya, Michael Gash and the injured Michael Clunan.
Absent from the bench was Simeon Jackson with a hamstring problem and Jordan Davies.
The visitors had a chance in the second minute. Baggott managed to block a shot from Joshua Hancock, the rebound finding Ryan Colclough whose shot from a tight angle hit the bar.
Lynn had their first real chance on 12 minutes when the lively Michael Gyasi set up Mitchell, back from his appearance for Grenada in a World Cup qualifier, saw his shot well blocked keeper Tony Thompson.
Gyasi was again involved ten minutes later, feeding Mitchell on the left whose cross found Sonny Carey who, unfortunately, shot wide.
The Robins were having the better of possession and on 30 minutes Joe Piggott put a header wide and seven minutes before the break Josh Hancock's shot had to be palmed away by Theo Richardson.
Richardson was called upon soon after the restart when he used his feet to keep out an effort from Connor Hampson.
Hancock then had an effort wide with Lynn replying through Gyasi with a shot that was over.
Mitchell put in a tame shot when well placed but the game turned in Lynn's favour with the introduction of Gash and Cameron King.
They combined on 78 minutes with Gash having a shot which Tobias Mullarkey handled. Gash took the penalty himself but his kick was saved by Thompson.
Lynn were not to be denied and two minutes later took the lead. Once again Gash and King combined but could not get their shots through but the ball fell to Mitchell who slotted underneath Thompson.
Altrincham did have the ball in the net soon after through Hancock but the goal was ruled offside.
Lynn made sure of the points in the 86th minute when Mitchell went down under Mullarkey's challenge and this time Thompson was unable to keep out the resultant penalty, Mitchell sending him the wrong way.
Lynn: Richardson, Callan-McFadden, Gyasi (Gash 70), Mitchell, Carey, Denton, Payne, Coleman, Baggott, Howard, Gascoigne (King 59). Subs: Gash, Fleming, King, Bastock, Tasguim. Booked: Howard. Scorer: Mitchell 81, 86 pen
Altrincham: Thompson, Hampson, Hannigan, Moult, Williams (Richman 81), Piggott (Ceesay 79), Hancock, Senior, Mullarkey, Hardy (Peers 62), Colcough. Subs: Ceesay, Bell, Ogle, Peers, Richman