• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Leek Town 0 King's Lynn Town 2
Saturday 5th October
Saturday 5th October
Vanarama National North
01 York City 12 28
02 Chester 12 25
03 King's Lynn 12 24
04 Farsley Celtic 12 22
05 Brackley Town 12 21
06 Hereford 12 21
07 Guiseley 12 20

Thurlow Nunn Div One
13  Haverhill Borough 8 9
14  Leiston Reserves 9 9
15  Gt Yarmouth Town 7 8
16  King's Lynn Reserves 9 8
17  Cornard United 8 8
18  Felixstowe Reserves 8 6
19  Framlingham Town 8 5

Lynn deservedly reached the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup picking up prize money of £11,250 on the way to Monday’s draw.
Leek Town were without injured leading scorer Tim Grice while Lynn made four changes from last week’s defeat at York with the starting line-up showing Ross Barrows, Sonny Carey, Jordan Richards, and Sam Kelly in for Ross Aaron Jones, Sonny Carey, Ryan Jarvis and Chris Henderson.
The opening minutes saw Lynn in command with the Blues camped in their own half. Barrows having Lynn’s first chance on three minutes getting on the end of a Carey cross and forcing home ’keeper Danny Roberts to palm the ball away.
The was a early scare for Lynn when an Alex Street clearance only found the body of the advancing midfielder William Reeves but the ball cannoned over the Lynn bar to safety.
Leek began to establish themselves and on thirteen minutes a mix up between Street and Rory McAuley allowed Oliver Harrison a header which Street managed to claw off the line.
On 24 minutes a Michael Gash free kick from distance hit the home upright and bounced away to safety, probably Lynn’s best chance of the half.
Lynn continued to claim the bulk of possession but their passing game failed when it came to the final third with Leek having the better of chances on goal.
An enforced substitution for the home side saw Jacob Twyford replace Lewis Short on 43 minutes and Lynn saw out the half the stronger with Barrows getting on the end a Kelly ball but his header was saved by Roberts.
Lynn took the lead on 48 minutes when Carey put in viciously swerving shot from some 20 yards which Roberts could only help into the net when he might have done better.
Lynn were now in control and eleven minutes later made the game safe. Carey’s angled drive was pushed way at the expense of a corner which resulted in a scrambled in the home goalmouth, Roberts having two attempts to punch the ball clear but Richards was on hand to stab home.
Carey could have added to his tally with 15 minutes remaining but his half-volley was blocked by Harry Goode.
Lynn were superior in all aspects of the game, particularly in the second half and their class put them into Monday’s draw,
Leek: Roberts, Goode, Keenan, Walford (Law 88), Harrison, Chadwick, Baker, Reeves, Kirby, Short (Twyford 43), Stevenson. Subs: Bott, Bavanganga, Stanton, Twyford, Cortes-Smith, Walker, Law. Booked: Stevenson. Law
Lynn: Street, Barrows, Fox (Jones 72), Richards, Smith, McAuley, Carey (Stewart 88), Payne, Gash, Marriott, Kelly. Subs: Jones, Henderson, Stewart, Bastock. Booked: Payne, Kelly. Scorers: Carey, Richards
Attendance: 790