• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 2 Nantwich Town 1
Saturday 6th September
Lynn continued their record of close encounters with another result decided by a single goal margin.
Dan Quigley made his 100th appearance for Lynn while Henry Eze recently signed from Kettering Town was given his debut and for the Dabbers Aaron Burns, last season's leading scorer, returned having signed from Marine.
The Dabbers had the first chance with Mukendi's shot being cleared off the line by Eze on seven minutes but Lynn came more into the game with Jackson Ramm trying his luck from some 25 yards which went narrowly wide of the post.
It was kick that was probably not intended for a goal that gave Lynn the lead on 28 minutes, Ramm's cross taking a swerve which deceived 'keeper Terry Smith. Smith possibly still recovering after a clash with Michael Frew which saw the latter booked.
Four minutes later Lynn doubled their score through George Thomson.
The last 25 minutes of the first half belonged to Lynn but they were not able to reproduce that form in the second.
After a bright start Lynn appeared to switch off and it was no surprise when Nantwich pulled a goal back on 59 minutes when Andy White set up Burns to finish.
After that the play became disjointed with both teams searching for another goal but it never came.
Lynn: Street, Ramm, Yong, Watson, Eze, Quigley, Bell, Bridges, Frew (Mulready, 77), Thomson (Ward, 90+1), Jones (Spriggs, 66). Subs not used: None. Booked: Frew, Quigley. Goals: Ramm (28), Thomson (32).
Nantwich: Smith, Lycett, White, M. Jones, A. Jones, Wilson, Mukendi (S. Jones, 46), Meaney (Johnson, 69), Burns, Blake, Bramall (Clayton, 76). Subs not used: Dowling, Callaghan. Booked: A. Jones. Goal: Burns (59).
Ref: N. Guest
Attendance: 552

Lynn Reserves ran out 3-1 winners against their counterparts from Needham Market.
Lynn took the lead on the quarter hour but Needham equalised some ten minutes later after White was dispossessed.
With some ten minutes remaining Shaun Stocker restored Lynn's lead from the penalty spot and Frohawk completed the scoring with two minutes remaining.
Lynn Reserves: Pearson, Mcleish, Stannard, Birch, Spittlehouse, White, Stocker, McQuaid (Fryatt), Frohawk, Daw (Duarte), Coe, Subs, Fryatt, Duarte.