• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 0 Torquay United 0
Saturday 12th December
Saturday 12th December
Vanarama National
15 Chesterfield 13 16
16 Solihull Moors 10 16
17 Aldershot Town 13 15
18 King's Lynn 13 14
19 Dagenham & Red 12 12
20 Barnet 13 9
21 Yeovil Town 11 8

Thurlow Nunn Div One
09  Gt Yarmouth Town 12 16
10  Diss Town 12 15
11  Framlingham Town 11 13
12  King's Lynn U21s 10 12
13  Cornard United 11 11
14  Sudbury Reserves 10 11
15  Debenham LC 10 10

Lynn became the first team to record a clean sheet in a league match against Torquay this season as they welcomed their fans and the league leaders to a rain soaked Walks in a match where it was difficult to tell which of the two teams were top of the league.
Torquay, despite fielding the same team that had defeated Wrexham and Maidenhead in the past week, were disappointing or perhaps Lynn had just the right game plan to cause the Gulls problems.
Ian Culverhouse made five changes to the team that lost in midweek with Aaron Jones (back from a seven week lay-off), Ryan Jarvis, Jamar Loza, Simon Power and Dayle Southwell replacing Tai Fleming, Alex Brown, Shaun Carey, Michael Clunan and Adam Marriott.
Lynn were quick off the blocks with Southwell testing visiting keeper Shaun MacDonald within 20 seconds of kick-off with the visitors getting their first sighter on goal from Ben Whitfield but his shot went wide.
Former Welsh Under-21 international midfielder Connor Lemonheigh-Evans was a constant threat to Lynn, his first attempt on goal being a curling effort with Archie Mair did well parry away.
Gash was impressing in his first home start of the season seeing an early effort go wide and then getting on the end of a Power corner but his header was comfortably saved by MacDonald.
Former Dereham frontman Danny Wright headed straight at Mair and a couple of minutes later Lynn replied with Jordan Richards putting wide after good link up play between Southwell and Gash.
Power's surging run was abruptly ended by Fraser Kerr who was duly booked as the visitors seem to be getting frustrated by Lynn's sterling performance.
The final chances of the first half belonged to the visitors with Ben Whitfield putting the ball wide after getting on to the end of a Lemonheigh-Evans cross and then Mair did well to deny Kyle Cameron at the expense of a corner.
The opening stages of the second half saw Lynn get the better of the game territorially. Just past the hour mark Southwell volleyed over a Jones' cross from eight yards and soon after the forward was denied by MacDonald
Mair was again in action to deny Whitfield and then with even minutes remaining, Gull's captain Asa Hall was shown a straight red card for a challenge on Marriott.
Lynn tried to take advantage of the extra man. Power headed straight at MacDonald and then Marriott shot over.
The final minutes, however, belonged to Torquay who probably had their best spell of the game but the only chances they could muster was an Andrews’ free-kick which Mair saved comfortably and a Whitfield shot which went wide.
Lynn: Mair, Jones, Barrows, Callan-McFadden, Smith, Jarvis, Richards, Power, Gash (Mitchell 74), Loza (Carey 84), Southwell (Marriott 77). Subs: Clunan, Marriott, Fleming, Mitchell, Carey. Booked: Richards
Torquay: MacDonald, Cameron, Kerr, Lemonheigh-Evans, Hall, Wright (Umerah 70), Andrews, Randell (Waters 70), Sherring (Warren 72), Nemane, Whitfield. Subs: Warren, Buse, Waters, Covolan, Umerah. Booked: Kerr Sent off: Hall
Attendance: 625