• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 3 Ashington 1
Saturday 15th October
Saturday 15th October
National North
King's Lynn Town 11 11 24
Darlington 12 8 24
Banbury United 11 7 21
AFC Fylde 11 4 21
Scarborough Ath 11 7 20
Gloucester City 12 0 19
Kidderminster H 11 5 18
Brackley Town 12 0 18
Chorley 12 5 17
Alfreton Town 12 4 17
Peterborough Sp 11 3 17
Leamington 13 3 17
Southport 12 -2 16
Curzon Ashton 11 3 15
Hereford 11 2 15
Chester 11 0 13
Spennymoor Town 12 -3 13
Boston United 11 -4 12
Buxton 11 -4 12
Farsley Celtic 12 -7 12
Kettering Town 12 -9 12
Blyth Spartans 11 -10 8
AFC Telford Utd 12 -13 7
Bradford (PA) 11 -10 6

King’s Lynn Town qualified for the first round of the FA Cup with a 3-1 win over a spirited Ashington side.
Linnets’ manager Tommy Widdrington gave starts to Kyle Callan-McFadden, Tyler Denton and Theo Widdrington with Josh Coulson, Olly Scott and Cameron Hargreaves dropping to the bench.
Making an appearance on the bench was goalkeeper Sam Blair, a loan signing from Norwich City youth team.
Lynn started on the front foot with Gold Omotayo inches away from connecting with the ball after a clearance from keeper Karl Dryden was blocked by Jordan Ponticelli in the first minute.
Dryden was then called into action to deny a Josh Barrett shot from 10 yards and then used his legs to keep out another Barrett effort.
Lynn took the lead on thirteen minutes through Ben Stephens - the ball squirming under Dryden’s body.
Omotayo’s first touch let him down when well placed and it was an opportunity Lynn regretted as the visitor’s equalised with their first attack of the game.
That came on 20 minutes when the Lynn defence were caught napping and Luke Salmon was set free to score - Lynn complaining that there was a foul in the build up.
It didn’t take long for Lynn to restore the lead - Ponticelli finding the top right corner of the net.
Further chances fell to the Linnets with Omotayo failing to take advantage of a Theo Widdrington cross and Barrett hitting the post on the half hour.
The visitors did threaten when Dean Briggs worked his way into the Lynn area but his shot curled just wide.

Lynn were more on the defensive after the restart as the visitors pressed and Lynn frustrated.
Lee Mason fired just wide to add to Lynn’s concerns and Lynn responded with a double substitution in order to change things.
Hargreaves went close and Dryden saved from Michael Clunan but the game was made safe on 78 minutes when a long free-kick was headed the head of Coulson who headed the ball across the area where Adam Crowther slotted the ball home from close range.
Lynn: P Jones, Crowther, A Jones, Callan-McFadden (Coulson 57), Denton, Clunan, Widdrington, Omotayo, Barrett (Charles 81), Stephens (Hargreaves 57), Ponticelli. Subs: Coulson, Scott, Hargreaves, Keller, Charles, Walker, Blair Scorer: Stephens 13, Ponticelli 24, Crowther 78
Ashington: Dryden, Cartwright, Summerly, Aziakkonou (Mulllin 41), Harmison, Lough, Mason (Johnson 81), Sampson (Ross 84), Maguire, Briggs, Salmon. Booked: Ross. Subs: Kalthoeber, Janusz, Anderson, Mullen, Ross, Smith, Johnson. Scorer: Salmon 20
Attendance: 1,709