• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 3 Barwell 2
Saturday 19th January
Saturday 19th January
Evo-Stik Southern Prem
01 Stourbridge 28 59
02 Kettering Town 26 58
03 King's Lynn Town 25 45
04 Biggleswade Town 25 45
05 Stratford Town 24 45
06 AFC Rushden & D'nds 26 42
07 Alvechuch 25 42

Thurlow Nunn Div One
13  Cornard United 22 26
14  Haverhill Borough 21 23
15  Diss Town 22 23
16  Wisbech St Mary 22 18
17  King's Lynn Res 22 17
18  Felixstowe Reserves 23 15
19  Needham Market Res 24 7

Lynn’s unbeaten run continued although the margin of victory should not have been just the one goal.
Michael Gash returned to the starting line-up after injury while Ryan Fryatt ended his record as league ever-present with a place on the bench.
The opening half saw Lynn with the lion’s share of possession and their first chance came on five minutes when a Michael Clunan free kick fell to Adam Marriott who warmed the palms of visiting ’keeper Liam Castle.
On eleven minutes a Clunan corner was cleared the ball falling to Jake Kerins but, off balance, his weak shot went straight to Castle from the edge of the box.
Lynn went ahead on 16 minutes when a Frazer Blake-Tracy free kick was fumbled by Castle, Craig Parker being on hand to prod the ball on for Marriott to tap home from close range.
Chris Henderson was fouled by Reece Blackmore on the half hour and from the resulting free kick Michael Clunan bent the ball around the wall and out of the reach of Castle.
The only chance Barwell had in the first half came on five minutes before the break, Anthony Dwyer getting behind the Lynn defence and through to a one on one with the Alex Street but he shot over the bar from a tight angle.
Barwell, looking for their first win of 2019, made changes at half time, including the introduction of new signing and former Linnet Kurtis Revan, and came more into the game with a switch in formation with two up front.
Brady Hickey headed over a Dominic Brown-Hill cross on 52 minutes and at the other end Castle did well to deny Marriott.
Revan that had a run and shot but his effort took a deflection leaving Street to collect the ball.
Michael Gash then put in a cross which found Henderson but his header was collected by Castle.
Barwell pulled a goal back on 71 minutes, substitute Eddie Nisevic getting in between two defenders and heading home Dominic Brown-Hill’s cross.
Two minutes later Lynn were awarded a penalty, Clunan restoring the two goal margin from the spot after substitute Ryan Hawkins had been grounded.
Lynn looked to add to their lead, Clunan having a shot that lacked sufficient power and Hawkins seeing his shot saved by Castle’s legs.
With seven minutes remaining Barwell were awarded a free kick after Elliot Percival had been pulled back. Brown-Hill’s kick finding the head of Hickey to set up a tense finish.
Both sides had chances to add to their goal tally but it was Lynn who claimed the points and their first double of the season.
Lynn: Street, Kerins, Blake-Tracy (Hawkins 61), Jarvis, Robinson, McAuley, Clunan, Henderson, Gash, Marriott, Parker (Fryatt 52). Subs: Hawkins, Fryatt, Richards, Bastock. Booked: McAuley, Henderson. Kerins. Scorer: Marriott 17, Clunan 31, 73 pen
Barwell: Castle, Percival, Putman, Reuben-Desrosiers, Eze, Julien, Blackmore (Revan h/t), Tomkinson (Nisevic h/t), Dwyer, Hickey, Brown-Hill. Subs: Davidson-Miller, Nisevic, Revan, Cross. Booked: Brown-Hill, Blackmore, Eze. Scorer: Nisevic 71, Hickey 84
Attendance: 709