• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Nantwich Town 1 King's Lynn Town 0
Saturday 19th October
Saturday 19th October
Vanarama National North
01 York City 13 29
02 Chester 14 27
03 Farsley Celtic 13 25
04 King's Lynn 13 25
05 Alfreton Town 14 22
06 Brackley Town 13 21
07 Guiseley 14 21

Thurlow Nunn Div One
14  AFC Sudbury Reserves 9 13
15  Leiston Reserves 12 12
16  Framlingham Town 11 9
17  King's Lynn Reserves 11 8
18  Haverhill Borough 10 7
19  Felixstowe Reserves 11 7
20  Wisbech St Mary 12 0

Lynn’s FA Cup run ended for another year and there can be few complaints about the result. Had Chris Smith, Ryan Fryatt and Ryan Jarvis been available perhaps the outcome might have been different but Nantwich proved strong opposition and deserved a place in the First Round Proper for the third time in their history.
The first chance fell to Lynn with Adam Marriott hitting the post on seven minutes following Nathan Fox’s ball in that was headed on by Michael Gash.
The next three chances fell to the home side Joe Malkin firing wide of the post and then, on 13 minutes, Ben Harrison headed wide from a corner.
Valdemar Schousboe then saw his shot palmed over the woodwork by Alex Street.
Lynn responded with Nathan Fox, the visitor’s most dangerous player in the first half who fired into the side netting
On 27 minutes Gash had a good chance when finding himself alone in the box following an Aaron Jones ball in but his looped ball was scooped over by back pedalling home ’keeper Greg Hall.
The deciding goal arrived on 38 minutes when James Lawrie’s cross from the left was slotted home by Troy Bourne at the back post.
Just before the break Matt Devine had a great chance to increase the Dabbers lead but he scuffed his shot.
So often Lynn have managed a change of tactics at half time which have turned the game in their favour but not this time.
An early penalty shout for hand ball was waved away by the referee as the home side continued to threaten and Schousboe should have done better with a shot that went over.
Lynn struggled to get a foothold with what possession they had but it did not result in seriously testing Hall.
Dabber’s substitute Joe Mwasile made an immediately impact on his introduction setting up Dave Webb just before the hour mark but his shot hit the post.
Gash tried his luck from distance with a free kick which forced Hall into a good save and on 65 minutes Chris Henderson did have the ball in the net but the effort was ruled offside.
Lynn applied pressure as Nantwich switched to just the one up front and appearing happy to sit back and see the game out.
A final push for Lynn saw Street come up for a couple of corners, the best chance falling to Natty Stewart in injury time but his shot was tipped over for a corner.
Lynn can take some consolation from the £24,250 money from the prize fund that the cup run has produced but they can only wonder what might have been.
Nantwich: Hall, Bourne (Davis 74), Devine, Stair, Langley, Harrison, Lowrie, Hughes, Malkin (Saxon 78), Schousboe (Mwasile 61), Webb. Unused subs: Bell, Read, Cooke, Walsh. Scorer: Bourne 38
Lynn: Street, Jones, Fox (Richards 55), Payne (Carey 55), Barrows, McAuley, Clunan, Kelly, Gash, Marriott, Henderson (Stewart 74). Unused subs: Bastock, Stewart, Gilbert, Taylor
Attendance: 742