• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Torquay United 1 King's Lynn Town 0
Saturday 20th March
Saturday 20th March
Vanarama National
17 Solihull Moors 26 32
18 Woking 27 31
19 Wealdstone 27 29
20 Weymouth 28 27
21 King's Lynn 27 24
22 Barnet 27 13
23 Dover Athletic 15 10

Thurlow Nunn Div One
10  Diss Town 12 15
11  Framlingham Town 11 13
12  Needham Market Res 12 13
13  King's Lynn U21s 11 12
14  Cornard United 12 11
15  Sudbury Reserves 10 11
16  Debenham LC 10 10

Under pressure Torquay, who had not won at home since Boxing Day, managed to keep their play-off hopes alive with a hard fought win.
Lynn fielded the same starting eleven that drew with Hartlepool United with the only change being on the bench where new signing Jordan Davies replaced Joe Gascoigne.
The Gulls had Lucas Covolan in goal in favour of the shorter Shaun MacDonald who had conceded four in midweek and gave a first start to Plymouth Argyle loanee Ryan Law.
Lynn started brightly, what was to be their best effort in the whole game coming after two minutes. A Tyler Denton free kick from the edge of the box curled over the wall but came back off the bar.
Jordan Richards was on hand for the follow-up but his shot was blocked by the legs of Covolan and although the ball travelled across goal the was no one to finish.
The Gulls began to dominate - mostly by virtue of their ability to close Lynn down quickly and pressure them into mistakes in a frenetic opening.
An 8th minute free kick from Jake Andrews found Liam Randell who headed cross goal but Sam Sherring could only head wide.
Armani Little was next to try his luck, a low ball across goal from the Lynn right taking a deflection but Theo Richardson got his finger tips to it to concede a corner.
Richardson became increasingly busy, first saving a Asa Hall shot and then stealing the ball from Scott Boden's feet.
For Lynn, Michael Gyasi put in a curling effort on 24 minutes which went just wide of the post and shortly after had tried his luck from 15 yard only to see his shot saved.
The Gulls had the last chance of the opening half. Andrews, who had created a number of opportunities for the home side, put in a cross which eventually found Boden but his spectacular overhead kick went straight to Richardson.
The deadlock was broken within a minute of the restart. Connor Lemonheigh-Evans drove into the Lynn half and put in a low shot which Richardson could only parry, the ball spilling kindly to Boden who tapped home.
Gyasi went on a run for Lynn but his shot failed to test the keeper as Lynn looked to their substitutes for some kind of attacking force.
Torquay, however, managed the game out, allowing Lynn possession until they ventured into the home half where their efforts were soon stifled.
The final goal scoring opportunity was from the hosts with Little's strike from 25 yards forcing Richardson into a full-length save.
Torquay: Covolan, Wynter, Lemonheigh-Evans, Hall, Little (Buse 90), Andrews, Randell, Sherring, Boden (Umerah 77), Law, Lewis. Subs: MacDonald, Buse, Koszela, Waters, Umerah. Booked: Randell, Lewis, Little. Scorer: Boden 46
Lynn: Richardson, Callan-McFadden, Smith, Clunan, Richards (Jackson 72), Gyasi (Gash 58), Fleming, Mitchell, Carey, Denton, Payne (Davies 72). Subs: Gash, Bastock, Jackson, Davies. Booked: Clunan