• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Alfreton Town 1 King's Lynn Town 1
Saturday 21st September
Saturday 21st September
Vanarama National North
01 York City 11 25
02 Chester 11 24
03 King's Lynn 11 24
04 Guiseley 11 20
05 Alfreton Town 11 19
06 Farsley Celtic 11 19
07 Brackley Town 11 18

Thurlow Nunn Div One
14  Fakenham Town 9 7
15  Felixstowe Reserves 7 6
16  Gt Yarmouth Town 6 5
17  King's Lynn Reserves 8 5
18  Cornard United 7 5
19  Framlingham Town 6 2
20  Wisbech St Mary 8 0

Lynn and Alfreton will meet for the third time in 21 days on Tuesday having cancelled each other out in a close FA Cup encounter.
Both sides made changes with the Reds giving the ’keeper’s gloves to Charlie Andrew who signed on loan from Hull City the previous day. Meanwhile recent signing Conor Branson was given his first start.
Lynn manager Ian Culverhouse also made changes choosing to rest some players while giving game time others including first starts to Ross Barrows and Sonny Carey while Aaron Jones, Ryan Jarvis, Sonny Carey and Sam Kelly were on the bench having started against Gloucester.
Lynn dominated proceedings from the start Sonny Carey with an early effort from outside the box that Andrew palmed away.
Michael Gash had Lynn’s next chance, narrowly heading wide from Michael Clunan’s corner while at the other end, Bobby Johnson put his shot from distance on ten minutes over the bar.
Lynn took a deserved lead on 17 minutes, Alex Street’s long ball forward found Gash who flicked it on to Adam Marriott to lob the on-rushing Andrew for his tenth goal of the season.
Carey had a chance to double Lynn’s lead three minutes later when he weaved his way into the box but Andrew’s legs blocked.
The Reds began to edge their way back into the game David Lynch having an effort blocked and Amari Morgan-Smith heading wide from Johnson’s free kick on 25 minutes.
Referee John Matthews did not endure himself to home fans, waving away appeals for handball when Clarke’s cross was blocked an cleared off the line by Smith and then declining penalty appeals when Amari was grounded.
Lynch, however, equalised for the home side on 44 minutes from some 20 yards with Lynn almost regaining the lead on the stroke of half-time, Andrew turning away Gash’s shot at full stretch following Danny Clunan’s free kick.
Street was the first in serious action after the restart, tipping away Josh Clackstone’s deflected shot.
Alfreton had a chance to take the lead just before the hour from the penalty spot. Street bringing down Clarke but leading Red’s scorer Morgan-Smith blazed over.
Both sides looked to end the deadlock, each having periods in ascendancy but few real chances.
With 90 minutes gone Marriott had Lynn’s best chance of the second spell, his shot striking the post and Nathan Stewart hitting the follow-up wide.
So with full time the honours remain even, Lynn unbeaten since the first game of the season and Alfreton unbeaten at home.
Alfreton: Andrew, Clackstone, Thacker, Lynch (East 62), Killock, Qualter, Branson, Smith, Clarke (Blake 69), Morgan-Smith, Johnson. Unused subs: Grice, Atkinson, Hinchley. Scorer: Lynch 44
Lynn: Street, Barrows, Fox, Richards, Fryatt, Smith, Clunan (Payne 73), Carey (Stewart 64), Gash, Marriott, Henderson (Kelly 64). Unused subs: Jones, Jarvis, Bastock. Booked: Gash, Clunan, Barrows, Fox. Scorer: Marriott 17
Attendance: 335