• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Wrexham 5 King's Lynn Town 3
Saturday 23rd May
Saturday 23rd May
Vanarama National
16 Aldershot Town 41 51
17 Altrincham 40 45
18 Weymouth 41 39
19 Wealdstone 41 34
20 Woking 41 33
21 King's Lynn 40 29
22 Barnet 40 25

Thurlow Nunn Div One
10  Diss Town 12 15
11  Framlingham Town 11 13
12  Needham Market Res 12 13
13  King's Lynn U21s 11 12
14  Cornard United 12 11
15  Sudbury Reserves 10 11
16  Debenham LC 10 10

The Linnets ended their away league campaign with another defeat, the fourteenth game since they have won on their travels, but can take consolation in that they scored three goals in an away league match for the first time this season. It is just unfortunate that the Red Dragons scored five and it could have been more but for two remarkable saves from Theo Richardson.
Lynn welcomed back Ross Barrows after furlough but were without Rory McAuley who was sitting out a one game suspension.
Alex Babos was given his third start of the season with Alex Kiwomya and Simeon Jackson on the bench.
The opening stages saw the home side on the front foot with Richardson denying Jordan Davies' long range effort and then, on eight minutes, producing a
brilliant double save keep out a shot from Davies and the follow-up from Jordan Ponticelli.
Lynn came more into the game and won a couple of corners with Michael Gash seeing a header going just over and Michael Gyasi forcing a good save from home keeper Rob Lainton.
On eighteen minutes Rob Howard was adjudged to have handled an awkward bounce and Luke Young scored from the spot - the shot just too strong for Richardson to keep out although he managed to get a hand to it.
The home side's lead lasted three minutes, Sonny Carey scoring a perfectly placed free kick.
Lynn lost Kyle Callan-McFadden to injury and soon after Wrexham replied with a well taken free kick of their own on 35 minutes, Davies putting the ball over the Lynn wall. The 90th league goal conceded this season. Two minutes before the break the Lynn defence was caught square, Gold Omotayo running through to put the ball past Richardson to make it 3-1.
Substitute Simeon Jackson pulled a goal beck for the visitors on 58 minutes, picking up the piece after Gash's shot had been parried by Lainton.
Richardson produced another excellent save, pushing Ponticelli’s close range header onto the bar but could do nothing to prevent Ponticelli from heading home on 65 minutes from Cameron Green's cross.
One of Lynn's encouraging traits of the season is that they never give up and on 69 minutes they pulled another goal back, Jackson once gain being in the right spot after Carey's shot had taken a number of deflections to make it 4-3.
Wrexham thought they had scored a fifth following a scramble in the box but the referee's assistant had seen an infringement and Ponticelli's effort was disallowed.
The fifth goal did come, however, on 83 minutes, Omotayo heading home Young's corner.
Wrexham: Lainton, Hall-Johnson (French 69), Vassell, Pearson, Kelleher, Green, Harris (Jarvis 69), Young, Davies, Omotayo, Ponticelli (Marsh-Brown 79). Subs: Dibble, French, Jarvis, Marsh-Brown, Angus. Scorer: Young 19 (pen). Davies 34, Omotayo 43, 83 Ponticelli 65
Lynn: Richardson, Howard, Fleming, Callan-McFadden (Jackson 28), Denton, Clunan, Carey, Barrows, Babos, Gash, Gyasi (Kiwomya 59). Subs: Kiwomya, Payne, Bastock, Jackson. Booked; Barrows, Fleming, Gash. Scorer: Carey 22, Jackson 59, 69