• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Dagenham & Redbridge 3 King's Lynn Town 2
Saturday 23rd January
Saturday 23rd January
Vanarama National
16 Dagenham & Red 16 21
17 Wealdstone 17 21
18 Eastleigh 15 20
19 King's Lynn 16 18
20 Yeovil Town 15 17
21 Weymouth 17 10
22 Barnet 15 9

Thurlow Nunn Div One
10  Diss Town 12 15
11  Framlingham Town 11 13
12  Needham Market Res 12 13
13  King's Lynn U21s 11 12
14  Cornard United 12 11
15  Sudbury Reserves 10 11
16  Debenham LC 10 10

Dagenham & Redbridge came from two down to defeat Lynn and pick up three deserved points.
With Lynn two up at half time it looked an unlikely outcome with the home side, although dominating possession, looked to have left their shooting boots behind with their eleven first half shots off target and Archie Mair with little to do, although one effort did manage to hit the woodwork.
Lynn fielded the same starting line-up that defeated Eastleigh with the only change being Tyler Denton on the bench at the expense of Tai Fleming.
For the home side Sam Deering and George Saunders were a creative threat but the efforts of Elliott Johnson and Callum Reynolds were off target while the defensive skills of Chris Smith, Kyle Callan-McFadden and Aaron Jones also kept the home side at bay.
Lynn came more into the game as the half progressed and Adam Marriott had the ball in the net on 27 minutes but the effort was ruled offside,
On 31 minutes Lynn took the lead, although this was still slightly against the run of play. Cameron King got the ball into the area setting up Michael Gash who unselfishly fed the ball it into the path of Alex Kiwomya to finish in the bottom corner.
Kiwomya's joy was short lived as three minutes later he pulled up with what looked like a hamstring injury and took no further part in the game.
Angelo Balanta managed a short that hit the bar as the Daggers tried to respond and Deering and Mitch
Brundle (twice) had efforts off target.
In the final minute of the half a King cross found Gash who netted his first goal of the season from close range.
The second half belonged to the home side as Lynn repelled wave after wave. Pat McCallum was denied first by Mair and then by the underside of the bar.
Two goals in a five minute spell brought the scores level - both beginning on the Lynn left. On 72 minutes Callum Reynolds headed home after a scramble and then
Andrew Eleftherio's cross-come-shot from acute angle found the far corner of the net.
At long last Lynn seemed to try an amount some kind of response and began to venture into the opposing half but with a minute of normal time remaining the Daggers were awarded a penalty.
Brundle's low shot was turned away by Mair, diving to his right but from the resulting corner Brundle made amends for his spot kick by heading home.
Dag-Red: Justham, Eleftheriou, Reynolds, Croll, Johnson (Gordon 61), Brundle, Rance, Saunders (McQueen 84), Deering, Balanta, McCallum (Wilson 70). Subs: Strizovic, Robinson, McQueen, Wilson, Gordon. Booked: Johnson, McCallum. Scorers: Reynolds 72, Eleftheriou 77, Brundle 90
Lynn: Mair, Jones, Callan-McFadden, Smith, Richards, Gash, Marriott (Mitchell 72), Jarvis, King (Denton 61), Barrows, Kiwomya (Carey 35). Subs: Gvasi, Mitchell, Southwell, Carey, Denton. Booked: Richards. Scorers: Kiwomya 31, Gash 45