• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 0 Wealdstone 1
Saturday 25th September
Saturday 25th September
Vanarama National
Dag & Red 8 12 19
Chesterfield 8 10 18
Grimsby Town 7 8 17
Boreham Wood 8 4 17
Halifax Town 8 7 16
Notts County 8 7 15
Wrexham 8 1 12
Solihull Moors 8 -1 12
Stockport County 8 -4 11
Bromley 6 3 10
Yeovil Town 6 1 9
Altrincham 5 1 9
Wealdstone 8 -2 9
Eastleigh 7 -3 8
Weymouth 8 -4 8
Torquay United 8 -7 8
Maidenhead Utd 7 -3 7
Woking 5 2 6
Southend United 7 -4 5
Barnet 8 -10 5
King's Lynn 6 -4 4
Aldershot Town 8 -6 4
Dover Athletic 8 -8 -9

If matches were awarded on the amount of possession and pressure applied rather than goals then Lynn might have been celebrating their first home league points of the season.
As it was, Lynn failed to overcome Wealdstone despite having a one man advantage for nearly the whole of the second half.
Neither 'keeper pulled off a serious save and Lynn lacked the inventive play of Cameron King and manager Ian Culverhouse opted not to use the unpredictable creativity of Michael Gyasi.
The Lynn starting line-up showed two changes from that which went down to Dagenham and Redbridge with Kyle Callan-McFadden in for the injured Pierce Bird and Michael Clunan preferred to Luis Fernandez.
An early booking for Ethan Coleman for being a little too friendly with Medy Elito marred a bright start for the home side but their possession failed to produce much in the way of serious chances.
Brett McGavin tried a long range effort on nine minutes which went just wide and Clunan should have done better when put through by McGavin but saw his effort saved when a lob might have been a better option.
Lynn fell behind on 33 minutes. Joe Rowley, who had seconds earlier returned to the field after adjusting his clothing, received and lost possession to Charlie Cooper who advanced and fired home from some 20 yards.
Coleman saw his header from Tyler Denton's corner cleared and was also lucky to escape a second booking for a similar offence to his first.
Malachi Linton replaced Coleman at the break and Lynn's chances looked to have improved when Ira Jackson's boot, going for the ball, found the chest of Zain Walker and he received a straight red,
Wealdstone, who had keeper George Wickens booked for time wasting in the first half, continued to eat up time whenever possible and put their remaining ten men behind the ball when needed to prevent Lynn getting any space to create a serious chance.
The best Lynn could muster were a Junior Morias off-target curler and a Denton free kick which went straight into the arms of Wickens.
Wealdstone had a chance to put the match beyond doubt when substitute Stephan Browne saw an effort whistle just past the post.
There was a bright spot for Lynn with the introduction of Aaron Jones for his first appearance of the season who did manage a shot that went wide but Lynn just lacked the creativity in the final third.
Lynn: P Jones, Denton, McFadden, Bowry, Clunan, Coleman (Linton h/t), Morias, McGavin, Barrows (A Jones 65), Walker (Sundire 74), Rowley. Subs: Fernadez, Gyasi, Linton, A Jones, Sundire. Booked: Coleman
Wealdstone: Wickens, Cook, Wishart, Charles, Umerah (Browne 63), Eleftheriou, Jackson, Tavares, Elito (Lewis 63), Barker, Cooper Subs: Fasanmade, Buse, Browne, Lewis, Marigliani. Booked: Wickens. Sent off: Jackson. Scorer: Cooper 32
Attendance: 885
Anorak note: The 1936-37 season saw Lynn lose their opening three league games at The Walks, so this defeat creates a new record for the various incarnations of the club.