• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

St Ives Town 1 King's Lynn Town 1
Saturday 26th January
Saturday 26th January
Evo-Stik Southern Prem
01 Kettering Town 27 61
02 Stourbridge 29 59
03 Stratford Town 26 49
04 King's Lynn Town 27 46
05 Alvechuch 27 46
06 Biggleswade Town 26 45
07 AFC Rushden & D'nds 27 43

Thurlow Nunn Div One
13  Leiston Reserves 22 26
14  Haverhill Borough 21 23
15  Diss Town 22 23
16  Wisbech St Mary 23 18
17  King's Lynn Res 22 17
18  Felixstowe Reserves 24 16
19  Needham Market Res 25 8

A draw might have been expected with St Ives going into the game with just one defeat in eight matches and half of those ending with the scores level.
Lynn made three changes from the team that lost to Hitchin with Frazer-Blake Tracy, Jordan Richards and Ryan Fryatt restored to the starting eleven.
The home side were depleted by four regular players through injury and suspension.

A bright start saw Lynn with a chance in the opening minute, Michael Gash getting on the end of a Michael Clunan free kick and home ’keeper clutching the ball just under the bar.
The home side had claims for a penalty on sixteen minutes when George Bailey was grounded in the box having been clipped by Jake Kerins but the referee waved away the appeals.
Three minutes later St Ives took the lead, Ollie Snaith was picked up a loose ball on the edge of the area and was given far too much room as he beat Alex Street via the post.
Lynn began to dominate possession but were really threatening the home defence who packed players behind the ball. Their best chance came from a Blake-Tracy corner but Fryatt fired wildly wide. Just before the break Jake Newman should have doubled the home side’s lead but poked wide having brushed aside the attentions of Fryatt and Jordan Richards.
Soon after the restart Snaith forced Street into a superb point blank save and then saw an effort bounce over the bar following a headed clearance from Street that went straight to him.
Adam Marriott managed to get in a header from Richards’ cross just short of the hour mark but Martin Conway tipped the ball over the bar.
Lynn had appeals for a penalty turned down after Hawkins was fouled but in the next minute Lynn levelled.
Blake-Tracy’s long ball was headed on by Michael Gash, the ball finding Marriott who finished from eight yards.
Lynn had the better chances to claim all three points in the final twenty minutes with Conway denying Marriott and then pushing away a curling effort from substitute Will Mellors-Blair.
Lynn continued to press and won a succession of corners with another claim for a penalty after Marriott had been grounded.
With the match in injury time St Ives were awarded a penalty when Street was adjudged to have brought down Newman but he made amends by punching away the
resulting spot kick.
Rory McAuley put a header wide from a corner but Lynn had to settle for a point which maintained their fourth spot in the table.
St Ives: Conway, Coulson, Toseland, Sundire, De’ath, Kelly, Bailey (Baker 70), Parker, Newman. Osel-Bonsu (Patrick 83), Snaith (Seymour-Shove 70). Subs: Patrick, Baker, Seymour-Shove. Scorer: Snaith 19
Lynn: Street, Kerins (Hawkins 46), Blake-Tracy, Richards (Jarvis 81), Fryatt, McAuley, Clunan, Parker (Mellors-Blair 55), Gash, Marriott, Henderson Subs: Hawkins, Robinson, Mellors-Blair, Jarvis, Bastock. Booked: Clunan, Gash, McAulay, Blake-Tracy. Scorer: Marriott 62
Attendance: 322