• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 2 Weymouth 2
Saturday 27th February
Saturday 27th February
Vanarama National
16 Chesterfield 21 30
17 Woking 22 27
18 Dagenham & Red 23 26
19 King's Lynn 21 22
20 Wealdstone 21 22
21 Weymouth 24 20
22 Barnet 21 12

Thurlow Nunn Div One
10  Diss Town 12 15
11  Framlingham Town 11 13
12  Needham Market Res 12 13
13  King's Lynn U21s 11 12
14  Cornard United 12 11
15  Sudbury Reserves 10 11
16  Debenham LC 10 10

Lynn came back from behind twice to earn a draw against Weymouth which might have gone Lynn's way in the final minutes but for Michael Gash's 88th minute header being saved by Terras’ keeper Ethan Ross.
Lynn made two changes to the starting eleven that scored five against Barnet on Tuesday with Tai Fleming and Chris Smith coming in for Rory McAuley (suspended and out for some 3-4 weeks injured) and Ross Barrows (hamstring).
Jordan Richards, returning from suspension, took a place on the bench.
Weymouth made two changes from the side that lost to Yeovil in midweek and were without leading scorer Josh McQuoid (hamstring)
Lynn made a good start but although having the lion's share of possession could not muster a shot on target; Gash seeing an early effort going well over,
The visitors took the lead on twelve minutes when Calvin Brooks took advantage of a loose ball from Chris Smith and played in Andy Dallas. The onloan Cambridge United striker easily beating Archie Mair in the Lynn goal.
Weymouth increased in confidence and Sean Shields narrowly headed over Brooks' cross.
Lynn worked their way back into the game with patient play and Alex Kiwomya forced Terras’ keeper Ethan Ross into a save but it was not long before Lynn equalised and they did it in style.
Playmaker Cameron King setting up Tyler Denton for and unstoppable finish, his first goal since joining the club.
Weymouth replied two minutes later when the Lynn defence got themselves in a muddle trying to clear the ball which eventually found Andreas Robinson who lashed home from some 25 yards.
It was an entertaining game with plenty of open play. Adam Marriott had a chance but headed wide but the third goal of the five minute spell arrived after Gash and Marriott had linked well to set up King to skip through the visiting defence to score.
Lynn looked like they might go into the break ahead but despite a goalmouth scramble, King and Marriott couldn't force the ball home.
The second half failed to live u to the excitement of the first. Gash had a header that went straight at Ross but neither keeper was seriously troubled.
Kyle Callan-McFadden picked up his fifth booking since joining Lynn and will miss Tuesday's scheduled visit to Nottingham.
A draw was a fair result and now Lynn fans wait to see if the season has ended or, if not, what players are available for future matches.
Lynn: Mair, Callan-McFadden, Smith, Clunan, Gash, Marriott (Southwell 68), Fleming, King, Kiwomya (Richards 80), Carey, Denton. Booked: Callan-McFadden. Subs: Richards, Gyasi, Jarvis, Mitchell, Southwell. Scorers: Denton 29, King 34
Weymouth: Ross, Camp, McCarthy, Thomson (Cooke 76), Robinson, Brooks, Dallas (Luque 68), Mensah, Revan, Harfield, Shields. Subs: Cooke, Fonku, Leslie-Smith, Luque, Ngalo. Booked: Luque. Scorers: Dallas 12, Robinson 31