• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 0 Stockport County 4
Tuesday 28th April
Tuesday 28th April
Vanarama National
16 Yeovil Town 34 45
17 Altrincham 36 41
18 Weymouth 34 33
19 Wealdstone 35 33
20 Woking 35 32
21 King's Lynn 35 28
22 Barnet 34 21

Thurlow Nunn Div One
10  Diss Town 12 15
11  Framlingham Town 11 13
12  Needham Market Res 12 13
13  King's Lynn U21s 11 12
14  Cornard United 12 11
15  Sudbury Reserves 10 11
16  Debenham LC 10 10

Promotion chasing Stockport County completed an easy double over Lynn at The Walks although the home side deserved at least a consolation goal for their never-say-die attitude.
Manager Ian Culverhouse was forced into two changes from Saturday's defeat against Dagenham & Redbridge with Elkan Baggott recalled by parent club Ipswich for Friday's FA Youth Cup tie against Sheffield United, and
Cameron King awaiting hospital tests following his early withdrawal from the weekend game. This resulted in starts for Michael Gyasi and Alex Kiwomya.
The Hatters dominated the opening stages and Lynn looked content to try an absorb any early pressure and look for breaks. Early Hatters' chances were off target or did not trouble Theo Richardson in the Lynn goal but on nine minutes a John Rooney corner from the Lynn right was headed home by Paddy Madden.
Lynn began to venture in the visitors' half and Michael Gash managed to get a shot in that was tipped over by keeper Ben Hinchcliffe.
Although the play was more even there was a sense that the visitors could attack and score with ease, and so it proved,
Another corner, this time from James Jennings, was bundled into his own net by Gash on 14 minutes.
Lynn were seeing more of the ball but making little impression on the visitor's defence.
On the half hour Gyasi tested Hinchcliffe and the same player was involved three minutes later setting up Sonny Carey who sliced wide.
Any encouraging signs for Lynn were knocked back on 37 minutes when Elliott Newby broke through and crossed for Harry Cardwell to head home.
The fourth goal arrived two minutes before the break, this time from the Lynn left as the Newby/Cardwell partnership linked up again with Cardwell tapping home.
Lynn bossed much of the second half, perhaps the Hatters quite happy to allow them to. There were, however, chances for Stockport to extend their lead but Richardson was on hand to prevent further scoring. On 58 minutes McAuley Southam-Hales was grounded by Kyle Callan-McFadden but for the second time in a fortnight Richardson was able to save John Rooney's spot kick. The Lynn keeper then produced to further saves to deny Newby but the remainder of the game saw Lynn searching for a consolation goal against the best defence in the league.
Gash had a shot curl wide and Gyasi broke through only to be denied by a desperate tackle from Southam-Hales.
Carey, Kiwomya and Michael Clunan had chances but the Hatters goal survived intact.
Lynn: Richardson, Callan-McFadden, Clunan, Gash, Gyasi, Fleming, Kiwomya, Carey, Denton, Coleman, Howard. Subs: Payne, Babos, Jackson, Tasguim, Gascoigne. Booked: Gyasi, Callan-McFadden.
Stockport: Hinchliffe, Minihan, Jennings, Hogan (Southam-Hales 46), Palmer, Rooney, Croasdale, Walker (Rydel 68), Cardwell (Reid 72), Newby, Madden. Subs: Fitzsimons, Maynar, Southam-Hales, Reid, Rydel. Booked: Rooney, Madden. Scorer: Madden 9, Gash own goal 14, Cardwell 37, 43