• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Portsmouth 6 King's Lynn Town 1
Saturday 28th November
Saturday 28th November
Vanarama National
11 Eastleigh 7 14
12 Stockport Co. 7 13
13 Solihull Moors 7 13
14 King's Lynn 10 13
15 Aldershot Town 9 11
16 Boreham Wood 9 9
17 Chesterfield 10 9

Thurlow Nunn Div One
09  Framlingham Town 11 13
10  Gt Yarmouth Town 11 13
11  Sheringham 10 12
12  King's Lynn U21s 10 12
13  Sudbury Reserves 8 11
14  Needham Market Res 10 10
15  Norwich CBS 10 9

Lynn bowed out of this year's FA Cup on the receiving end of a lesson in finishing.
The final 6-1 score line was a little unkind to the Linnets who gave a reasonable account of themselves against a team two leagues higher.
Portsmouth made four changes to the team that drew with Oxford United during midweek. Lynn's starting line-up saw Adam Marriott replacing the cup-tied Kiaro Mitchell and Simon Power was preferred to Sam Kelly.
For the first time this season Michael Gash was on the bench after his summer illness.
Lynn got off to the worst possible start with Portsmouth taking the lead in the second minute.
Not for the first time this season, Lynn's weakness at corners was exposed when Rasmus Nicolaisen headed home from Cam Pring's kick.
There was, however, no siege of Archie Mair's goal as Lynn responded, winning a corner in the tenth minute but Sonny Carey's header was wide of Alex Bass' goal.
Michael Clunan the set up Marriott whose shot from the edge of the box forced Bass to save.
Power the had a driving run, his shot skimming the upright but on the half hour Portsmouth doubled their lead, Tom Naylor picking up a clearance and giving Mair no chance from 25 yards.
A period of home pressure followed as Lynn threw bodies in front of the ball to prevent further scoring and Mair doing well to keep out a close range Ellis Harrison header and then getting his fingertips to Ronan Curtis' long range effort which hits the bar,
Portsmouth were simply better, faster, especially in the final third as you would expect.
Any hopes Lynn had effectively ended seven minutes after the restart when, from another corner, Sean Raggett out-climbed Rory McAuley to head home at the far post from Pring's corner.
The home side made it four when McAuley lost possession allowing a swift break from which Marcus Harness scored.
Lynn got on the score sheet when substitute Dayle Southwell scored after a Rory McAuley flick-on.
Portsmouth, however, wrapped the game up. First Harrison sent Mair the wrong way from the penalty spot after Ross Barrow had mistimed his challenge on Pring and then substitute Jordy Hiwula added a sixth 10 minutes from time.
Michael Gash's ten minute cameo appearance at the end was a something for Lynn fans to celebrate as was the performance of the team who never gave up but were simply outplayed.
Portsmouth: Bass, Johnson, Nicolaisen, Raggett, Pring, Williams, Naylor (Morris 67), Close, Curtis (Hiwula 59), Harrison (Marquis 81), Harness. Eubs: MacGillivary, Brown, Whatmough, Morris, Cannon, Hiwula, Marquis. Booked: Naylor. Scorer: Nicolaisen 2, Naylor 30. Raggett 52, Harness 59, Harrison 72 (pen), Hiwula 80
Lynn: Mair, Barrows, Brown, Smith, McAuley, McFadden, Clunan, Carey, Power (Gash 81), Loza (King 64), Marriott (Southwell 64). Subs: Richards, Gash, Jarvis. Fleming, King, Southwell. Booked: McAuley. Scorer: Southwell 68