• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 4 Aldershot Town 4
Saturday 29th May
Saturday 29th May
Vanarama National
16 Yeovil Town 42 52
17 Altrincham 42 47
18 Weymouth 42 39
19 Wealdstone 42 37
20 Woking 42 33
21 King's Lynn 42 31
22 Barnet 42 31

Thurlow Nunn Div One
12  Needham Market Res 12 15
13  Debenham LC 13 14
14  Fakenham Town 13 13
15  Lakenheath 12 12
16  Leiston Reserves 13 9
17  King's Lynn U21s 11 7
18  Sheringham 13 7

Just as fans get used to being able to attend games at The Walks and the warm weather arrives - so the season comes to an end.
At least the crowd of 881 were able to say goodbye to two of the squads longest serving players Michael Gash and Ryan Jarvis.
Over the four seasons they have been with the club they have accumulated over 300 appearances seeing the club rise from the Southern League Premier Division to the National League..
As to the football, the fans saw an entertaining game with eight goals shared between the two teams although the defending, at times, left much to be desired.
Lynn started brightly and should have taken the lead on six minutes when Alexander Babos squared the ball for Gash who somehow managed to miss from lose range.
Aldershot Town created a flurry of chances of their own through Mo Bettamer and Craig Tanner but a Ross Barrows block and Theo Richardson save kept them out.
Lynn responded in the 13th minute with a solo run from Sonny Carey which forced a good save from visiting keeper Mitch Walker.
The Shots took the lead on 20 minutes through the unmarked Toby Edser who got on the end of a curling Lewis Kinsella cross.
Lynn had a chance to equalise soon after but Carey, presented with an option of squaring the ball to Gash or shooting, went for the latter but Walker was quickly out to save at his feet.
Lynn went further down 37 minutes. Lynn were trying one of their "build from the back" passing moves but a poor pass from Michael Clunan allowed Chike Kandi to intercept and slot the ball past Richardson.
With half time approaching Lynn pulled a goal back from nothing. A long ball down the Lynn left went over the Shots' defence and fell to Gash who casually chipped the ball over Walker from the edge of the area.
Twelve minutes after the restart Lynn were level. The lively Michael Gyasi was grounded running between two Shot's defenders and Simeon Jackson scored from the resultant penalty.
Lynn weren't on level terms for long. A long free kick was headed down for Kodi Lyons-Foster to score.
Lynn levelled on 66 minutes when a long ball found Jackson whose initial shot was blocked by Lyons-Foster but the ball rebounded back for Jackson to get his second of the afternoon.
Lyons-Foster then got his second of the game, looping his header over Richardson following a Kinsella free-kick.
Shots substitute Reece Miller nearly made it five for when he intercepted a back pass but his shot was deflected over the bar.
Gash was substituted on 83 minutes to a standing ovation allowing 19 year old Florian Guimdo-Tsaguim to make his debut.
In the dying minutes Lynn managed to level matters, Tai Fleming heading home a corner for his first goal for the club and ensuring that the league point would keep Lynn above Barnet in the table.
Lynn: Richardson, Howard, Fleming, Barrows, Denton, Clunan, Carey, Jackson (Gascoigne 75), Babos (Kiwomya 46), Gash (Guimdo-Tsaguim83), Gyasi. Subs: Kiwomya, Payne, Guimdo-Tsaguim, Gascoigne. Booked: Gyasi, Carey. Scorers: Gash 43. Jackson 55, 67, Fleming 90
Aldershot: Walker, Fowler, Lyons-Foster, Bettamer, Kandi, Panayiotou (Miller 88), Whittingham, Edser (Wylie), Ogie, Kinsella, Tanner. Subs; Hall, Wylie, Hinds, Rabbetts, Miller. Booked: Panayiotou Scorers: Edser 19, Kandi 36, Lyons-Foster 62, 74