• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Gloucester City 2 King's Lynn Town 1
Saturday 29th October
Saturday 29th October
National North
King's Lynn Town 14 15 30
Brackley Town 15 4 27
Gloucester City 15 5 26
Darlington 15 4 25
Alfreton Town 15 7 24
Scarborough Ath 14 6 24
Kidderminster H 14 5 24
AFC Fylde 14 3 24
Southport 15 -2 22
Chorley 15 5 21
Hereford 14 4 21
Leamington 15 4 21
Banbury United 14 3 21
Chester 14 5 20
Peterborough Sp 14 2 19
Curzon Ashton 14 2 19
Buxton 14 -2 18
Spennymoor Town 15 -3 17
Farsley Celtic 15 -10 15
Kettering Town 15 -13 15
Boston United 14 -7 12
Bradford (PA) 14 -9 12
Blyth Spartans 14 -13 9
AFC Telford Utd 14 -15 7

Gloucester City's highest league attendance of the season saw them fight back to overcome table topping King's Lynn Town thanks to two goals by Tré Mitford, bringing his total to five this season.
Striker Kieran Phillips who had scored six goals in his last four outings, was out with a hamstring injury while the Tigers gave a debut to Temi Eweka, on loan from Maidenhead United.
Linnets' manager Tommy Widdrington made changes from the side that defeated Banbury United with Gold Omotayo and Ben Stephens coming in for Aaron Jones and Olly Scott.
Early chances fell to the Tigers with a Matt Buse free kick finding Matt McClure but the leading scorer's shot was saved by but Paul Jones.
Lynn took the lead on 14 minutes against the run of play. Theo Widdrington applying the finish to Josh Barretts’ lay off.
The goal saw Lynn come more into the game with Brandon Hall in the home goal being tested.
The Tigers replied with Daniel Leadbitter hitting the post and Junior Tiensia putting the rebound wide but it was Lynn that were creating, and missing, the chances.
Hall palmed away a shot from Theo Widdrington into the path of Jordan Ponticelli whose shot was wayward and Ben Stephens failed to make contact when well placed.
The Tigers levelled in the final minute of the first half when Mitford, one-on-one with Paul Jones, slotted home.

A bright start to the second half saw Michael Clunan produce a thundering shot which stung the hands of Hall and a Cameron Hargreaves shot too high.
The decided goal fell to Gloucester on 71 minutes when Mitford scored after an neat build-up involving McHale and McClure.
Lynn tried to get back into the game but it was not to be with Hall producing a good save to deny a header and a free kick from Widdrington that went narrowly wide past the post.

Gloucester: Hill, Morgan, Nugent (Evans 44), Leadbitter, Eweka, Tiensia. Buse, Owers, McHale (Tomlinson 90), Mitford, McClure. Subs: Tomlinson, Hill, Evans, Barnes-Homer, Newbury.
Scorer: Mitford 45, 71
Lynn: P Jones, Crowther, Coulson, Denton, Clunan, Widdrington, Hargreaves, Stephens (Walker 80), Barrett (A Jones 72), Omotayo, Pontcelli (Callan-McFadden 63). Subs: A Jones, Callan-McFadden, Fleming, Walker, Blair.
Scorer: Widdrington 14
Attendance: 1,008