• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 0 Kettering Town 0
Saturday 29th December
Saturday 29th December
Evo-Stik Southern Prem
01 Stourbridge 24 52
02 Kettering Town 21 48
03 King's Lynn Town 21 35
04 AFC Rushden & D'nds 22 35
05 Biggleswade Town 21 35
06 Needham Market 22 35
07 Stratford Town 19 35

Thurlow Nunn Div One
13  Leiston Reserves 19 23
14  Cornard United 19 21
15  Wisbech St Mary 20 18
16  King's Lynn Res 20 17
17  Felixstowe Reserves 21 15
18  Diss Town 19 14
19  Needham Market Res 22 7

What might have been a defining weekend with regard to the top sides in the division turned out to be a non-event with all top six teams drawing and Needham Market being the only one to make gains, joining the four other clubs on 35 points.
The goalless draw at The Walks was a fair result in a game of two halves. Kettering bossed the first half and had a couple of chances the might have resulted a break through while Lynn shaded the second.
Lynn’s starting line-up was unchanged from the side that defeated Biggleswade but were thin on the bench with Harry Limb out on loan to Pinchbeck United and Charlie Clarke reporting a thigh injury.
Kettering gave a debut to centre-half Craig Stanley signing from Lancaster City having moved into the area.
Gary Stohrer had the first chance for the Poppies on 8 minutes but it was straight at Alex Street in the Lynn goal and then Michael Richens put a shot wide of the Lynn post.
Michael Gash had Lynn’s best chance of the opening period, heading over Michael Clunan’s corner. At the other end Aaron O’Connor easily brushed aside the attentions of Rory McAuley but the ball bobbled at the vital moment and his shot went wide.
He did have the ball in the net shortly afterwards but his effort ruled offside.
Lynn were playing their usual passing game but Kettering were closing them down as soon as they tried to break out of their own half.
Dion Kelly-Evans had a good chance to break the deadlock on 32 minutes but the defender put his shot over the bar.
Lynn re-organised at half-time with the introduction of Aaron Jones and a change of shape and it played dividends with Lynn far more into the game.
Chris Henderson on a good run, forced his way into the box but his shot was straight at Poppies’ ’keeper Paul White.
Soon after another chance fell to Henderson from Frazer Blake-Tracy’s cross but his shot was charged down by Stanley.
Kettering nearly took via an own goal when a headed back pass beat Street but the Lynn custodian got back to save on the line.
The match was getting a little feisty with tempers rising when Rhys Hoeness went to ground in the box claiming he had been tripped by Ryan Fryatt. Fortunately referee Mr Laflin was not convinced and the player escaped punishment but was book soon after for a foul on Henderson.
The finish was tense and frenetic but defences remained on top with Kettering no doubt the happier that with their shared point.
Lynn: Street, Richards (Hawkins 54), Blake-Tracy, Jarvis, Fryatt, McAuley, Clunan, Parker (Jones h/t), Gash, Marriott, Henderson. Subs: Hawkins, Castellan, Jones, Bastock. Booked: Richards
Kettering: White, Kelly-Evans, Towers, Stanley, Stoher, Richens, Meikle (Solkhan 80), O’Connor (Holman 65), Cunnington, Milnes (Kelly 58). Hoeness. Subs: Holman, Kelly, Solkhan, Graham, Rowe-Turner. Booked: Richens, Kelly, Hoeness
Attendance: 1,286