• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 0 Wrexham 2
Saturday 30th January
Saturday 30th January
Vanarama National
17 Dagenham & Red 18 22
18 Wealdstone 18 21
19 Yeovil Town 17 20
20 King's Lynn 17 18
21 Weymouth 19 15
22 Dover Athletic 15 10
23 Barnet 17 9

Thurlow Nunn Div One
10  Diss Town 12 15
11  Framlingham Town 11 13
12  Needham Market Res 12 13
13  King's Lynn U21s 11 12
14  Cornard United 12 11
15  Sudbury Reserves 10 11
16  Debenham LC 10 10

Lynn dropped to fourth from bottom in the table in a game of two halves - but unfortunately by the time it was Lynn's "turn" to have half they were 2-0 down.
The majority of the play throughout was at the Seven Sisters end of the ground with Lynn struggling to get out of their own half in the opening stages.
With Alex Kiwomya (hamstring) and Alex Brown (ankle) out injured, Tyler Denton was given his first start and Michael Clunan made a return.
Archie Mair was called up to make an early save to deny Luke Young but on eight minutes the Dragons took the lead. Young this time providing the cross which eventually found its way to Jamie Reckord who tapped home from close range.
Kyle Callan-McFadden impressed throughout again for Lynn and he did well to stop the ball reaching Young two minutes later but on 26 minutes Lynn went two down and really could have no complaints.
Young was again the creator, his viscous free-kick cutting the Lynn defence and finding Adi Yussuf to slot home at the far post.
Further chances fell to Yussuf and Jordan Davies but Lynn were beginning to make progress into the opposing half and their first real chance of the game came in the 42nd minute when Michael Gash got on the end of a Clunan cross at the far post but his shot was cleared off the line by Reece Hall-Johnson.
Goal scorer Reckord then turned defender to block Gash as Lynn ended the half strongly.
Just as the first half belonged to Wrexham the second belonged to Lynn but they lacked the finishing touch.
They didn't lay siege to the away goal but they dominated with Tyler Denton and Adam Marriott going close with headed efforts.
When Lynn were on target they found Christian Dibble, in goal for the injured Rob Lainton, difficult to beat.
He first denied Gash on 57 minutes at the expense of a corner which resulted in another save, this time committing himself the wrong way but able to stick out his right hand to clear Gash's effort.
Dibble produced one more save to deny Marriott but the Lynn challenge was faltering and Wrexham had the last opportunity to score in the 81st minute but Jordan Ponticelli couldn't turn Reckord's cross home.
Lynn: Mair, Jones, Callan-McFadden, Smith, Clunan (Southwell 46), Richards, Gash, Marriott (Mitchell 80), Jarvis (Gyasi 71), King, Denton, Subs: McAuley, Gyasi, Kelly, Mitchell, Southwell. Booked: Gash
Wrexham: Dibble, Hall-Johnson (Rutherford 69), Carrington, Kelleher, Horfield, Reckord, Davies, Harris, Young, Thomas, Yussuf (Ponticelli 63). Subs: Durrell, Rutherford, Jarvis, Redmond, Ponticelli. Booked: Horsfield, Thomas . Scorer: Reckord 9, Tussuf 26