• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

Weymouth v King's Lynn Town
Saturday 30th October
Saturday 30th October
Vanarama National
Boreham Wood 14 9 30
Chesterfield 14 14 29
Grimsby Town 14 14 29
Halifax Town 14 10 27
Solihull Moors 14 4 26
Notts County 14 7 25
Bromley 12 11 24
Dag & Red 14 10 23
Stockport County 13 -1 20
Altrincham 13 3 19
Woking 12 5 18
Eastleigh 13 -2 18
Wrexham 12 3 17
Barnet 14 -10 16
Yeovil Town 12 -1 15
Torquay United 13 -4 15
Weymouth 14 -7 15
Maidenhead Utd 13 -5 14
Wealdstone 13 -7 14
King's Lynn 13 -11 8
Southend United 12 -13 8
Aldershot Town 13 -10 7
Dover Athletic 12 -19 -9

It may be relatively early in the season but it is beginning to look as if the relegation spots will be filled by three of four teams - Lynn included. Six league points separate the Linnets from 19th place in the table as they fell to their fourth successive defeat and extended their goal drought to 428 minutes.
Anyone desperate for a plus point then it was the third time this season that Lynn have not conceded in the first half but, depressingly, they have only scored one first half goal in their thirteen league outings.
Lynn made two changes from the team that lost to Boreham Wood with Luis Fernandez and Malachi Linton dropping to the bench to make way for Munashe Sundire and Junior Morias. Ipswich Town loanee Brett McGavin was absent from the team sheet.
Weymouth had problems of their own with defenders Tyler Cordener, Calvin Brooks and Josef Yarney missing and fielding a makeshift defence - but it was quite capable to keep Lynn at bay in a first half which Lynn had the better of but failed to make any impression in the final third.
The home side started brightly with Lynn conceding two free kicks but slowing the visitors began to impose themselves but this did not translate into many chances.
Morias had a long range effort which went straight into the arms of Ross Fitzsimons and Jayden Davis had a header which again failed to trouble the home keeper
Josh McQuoid posed a danger for the home side but a timely Daniel Bowry block ensured the half remained goalless.
On 38 minutes Ross Barrows was introduced to replace the injured Tyler Denton.
The Terras came out for the second half in a more determined mood and the deciding goal arrived after five minutes when Cameron Murray laid the ball off to Omar Mussa to finish from some 18 yards.
Weymouth had the opportunity to increase their lead eight minutes later from the penalty spot after Bowry had felled Mussa but home captain Josh McQuoid put the kick wide making the Terra's penalty record of one success in seven this season.
The 71st minute saw the introduction of Michael Gyasi for Lynn and Sean Shields for Weymouth. With two minutes Shields had hit the woodwork while Gyasi had been sent off for a mistimed tackle on Tom Bearwish.
The remaining chances of the game fell to the home side. Paul Jones dropped an Ollie Harfield corner the ball falling to Taofiq Olomowewe but his effort was easy for Jones to claim.
Weymouth: Fitzsimons, Goodship (Ash 85), Mussa (Shields 71), Thomson (Taylor-Crossdale 81), McQuoid, Bearwish, Leslie-Smith, Robinson, Murray, Harfield, Olomowewe. Subs: Ash, Taylor-Crossdale, Bruton, Rose, Shields. Booked: Mussa. Goodship. Scorer: Mussa 50
Lynn: P Jones, Denton (Barrows 36), Callan-McFadden, Bowry, Clunan, Coleman, Omotayo, Morais (Fernandez 60), A Jones, Sundire (Gyasi 71), Davis. Subs: Fernandez, Gyasi, Linton, Barrows. Booked: Barrows. Sent off: Gyasi
Attendance: 1,056