MISCELLANEOUS ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS
109. Anything done in good faith by any meeting of the Society Board
or the Executive Board shall be valid, notwithstanding that it is afterwards
discovered that there was any defect in the appointment of any board member or
board members or that any one or more of them were disqualified and shall be as
valid as if every board member had been duly appointed and was duly qualified to
110. The Society will not be entitled to rely against other
persons on any alteration in its Rules if the alteration had not been registered
at the material time and is not shown by the Society to have been known at that
time to the person concerned.
111. Minutes of every general
meeting, of every meeting of the Society and Executive Boards and of every
meeting of a committee appointed by the Society Board are to be kept. Minutes of
meetings will be read at the next meeting and signed by the Chair of that
meeting. The signed minutes will be conclusive evidence of the events of the
112. The Society’s registered office is at 39 King John
Avenue, King's Lynn. PE30 4QB. The Society is to keep at its registered office:
- a. a register in which the Secretary is to enter the following particulars:
- (i) the names and addresses of the members;
- (ii) details of the share held by each member and of the amount paid or
agreed to be considered as paid for that share;
- (iii) a statement of other property in the Society whether in loans or loan
stock held by each member;
- (iv) the date at which each person was entered in the register as a member
and the date at which any person ceased to be a member;
- (v) details of any deputy appointed by any corporate member;
- (vi) the names and addresses of the members of the Society and Executive
Boards with the offices held by them and the dates on which they assumed office.
- b. a duplicate register in which the Secretary is to enter all the
particulars in the original register of members other than those referred to in
(a) (ii) and (iii) above;
- c. a register of the holders of loan stock in which the Secretary is to
enter such particulars as the Society Board direct and register all transfers of
- d. a register in which the Secretary is to enter such particulars of all
mortgages and charges on land of the Society as the Society Board directs.
113. Subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act the registers to be
maintained by the Society may be kept in electronic form.
inclusion or omission of the name of any person from the original register of
members shall, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, be conclusive
evidence that such person is or is not a member of the Society.
115. The Society is to keep proper books of account with respect to its
transactions and to its assets and liabilities in accordance with Sections 1 and
2 of the Friendly and Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1968.
116. Members are entitled to inspect:
- a. their own account
- b. the duplicate register
at the registered office at any reasonable time.
Secretary is to deliver a copy of these Rules to every person on demand on
payment of an amount fixed by the Society Board subject to the statutory
118. Notice of any change in the address of the registered
office is to be sent by the Secretary to the Financial Services Authority in the
form prescribed by Treasury Regulations within fourteen days of the change.
119. The registered name of the Society is to be displayed on the outside of the
registered office and every other office or place in which the business of the
Society is carried on. The registered name of the Society is also to be
mentioned in legible characters in all:
- a. business letters, notices, advertisements and other official publications
- b. bills of exchange, promissory notes, endorsements, cheques and orders for
money or goods purporting to be signed by or on behalf of the Society
- c. bills, invoices, receipts and letters of credit of the Society.
120. The Society is registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies
Acts 1965-2003 (referred to as “the Act” in these Rules). Any references to the
Act include reference to any statutory re-enactment and/or modification. Any
reference to the Chief Registrar, Registrar, Central Office, Assistant Registrar
or the Registry of Friendly Societies incudes reference to the statutary
successor carrying on the relevant function of any of them.